May 25, 2009

Blogger Appreciation

So, it is finally here! BLOGGER APPRECIATION WEEK!!! Who would'a'thunk we'd have a week to appreciate blogs and their respective owners.

If you would like to participate, write a post called Blogger Appreciation Week before Friday and then link it up with Mr. Linky at Grace Talk with Daveda. The rules are also at her blog.

I started my blog on September 12, 2008. Since that day, I have "met" incredible women of God who have inspired me, encouraged me, and been used by God to "tweak" me.

I write my blog as a personal journal and to share my journey as a daughter of the King. My journey tends to be a rather transparent one and is honestly shared even through the trials and the pain. I probably share too many emotions at times, but I really feel like I write my posts as led by the Lord.

I am divorced and have two wonderful boys, ages 12 and 9. This journey is not one that I always enjoy, but I enjoy the presence of my Heavenly Father, and the peace that He offers through it. I am on a journey of healing, restoration, and joy.

A couple of my favorite posts are (you can read them by clicking on them):

Letter to Heaven (basically my testimony)
Don't run ahead
Freedom by fire, Part 1
Freedom by fire, Part 2
Freedom by fire, Part 3
Mint Green tissue box
Post-it notes
Counterfeit Biscuits

Now, through my journey, I have "met" wonderful people. I think I'm supposed to list three, but I just love everyone, so you can choose who you want to visit. I love ALL of these women as sisters in Christ and have learned so much from each of them.

I know Sailor & Co. in real life. She does amazing photography.

I have talked to Paulette from Musings of a Mama... and Tracy at Tacklebox for Fishing on the phone quite a few times. They have become friends of mine.

I met my friend, Debbie at Live From Ninevah in person after connecting through e-mails and phone calls. Her (in real life) friend is Luanne from Less of Me, who is also a wonderful woman of God.

ADHDme cracks me up all the time. I just love her. In this post here, I actually received a gift in the mail from her and wrote a poem for her.

And then we have authors Karen Hossink from Surviving Motherhood and Kelly (Chatty Kelly) from Sometimes teaching, Always learning. These two women have been gifted with incredible writing skills, and I have learned so much from both of them.

Lindsay at A New Life is an amazing woman with an amazing testimony of God's redemption power. And finally, Barbara from "B" His Girl, whom I adore. God has sent her to me many times with words from Him.

There are so many more women I have been blessed by, but I unfortunately can't list them all. If I have ever left a comment on your blog, that means your blog touched me. I don't leave comments out of obligation, nor do I follow blogs just because. God has directed me to each of your blogs, and I am so grateful.

So, to all my bloggy friends, and to others who blog, THANK YOU for sharing your lives with me and others!!! And HAPPY BLOGGER APPRECIATION WEEK!!!



10 comments:

Tracy said...

I appreciate you and your blog Heaven. You have an incredible ministry! I left a msg for you on my blog. :0)
Love you,
Tracy

christy rose said...

Heaven,
I am so glad that you are participating in Daveda's blogging event. I love your blog and I love your name. I would like to come back here often and continue to read what God has done in your life and is doing to move you forward in your purposeful writing.
Looking forward to getting to know you better,
Christy

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

Heaven

I head over from Daveda.....I did not "hop" yet to the other fav blogs of you but read "Letter to Heaven"...I have NO WORDS to describe what i felt while reading it...the emotions you are loosing up is incredible...and SOO inspiring....
Will be back several times this week .....
Thanking God for your gift of writing and sharing His healing/restoration Power...

GB
Bernice

Tracy said...

I read you mint green tissue box post. God is so incredibly awesome with the way He provides for our needs. He's never late. His timing is perfect. I have stories of God's provision when I was single. My husband is such a wonderful provider and I have depended on him. It would definitely be a deeper level of faith to trust Jesus with providing the bare necessities with my kids. But He views our kids as little individuals too. He provides for them too. I got a lot out of this post.

Tracy said...

Counterfeit biscuits... convicting! Beautiful prayer Heaven, from a beautiful heart. I agree in faith with you in regards to that prayer.

Kelly said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out! I loved reading this. We both have a 9 yr old! I didn't realize. (Although i knew you had 2 boys). Cool.

Have a GREAT week.

Karen Hossink said...

So September 12, 2008 is a good day. So glad you started blogging so we could meet. Heaven, you are a blessing to me and I am so thankful God has allowed our paths to cross.

Yesterday I was feeling a little down, and I grabbed my name picture and sat down with God - remembering I am in His care, protected and peaceful because of who He is. Thanks again for drawing it!

Rebekah said...

Hummm, I totally missed blogger appreciation day. I guess I could do it anytime. ITs such a great idea. :)

From the Heart said...

Heaven, what a lovely name.
Thanks for your comments on God on the Mountain. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate but I can tell that God is with you and helping you each step of the way.
From my heart to yours,
AliceE.

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

I am so sorry I am just now seeing this!! Thank you so much for the shout out, and hope you know how much I love your words as well!! You have such a joy for the Lord that I struggle to have, it is truly inspiring.

Love you!

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...