May 4, 2009

Looking upward...

This is the view of the sky when I sit on my deck and look straight up. I love watching this tree transform through the different seasons.



I love scenery.
I love the sky as it paints
the emotions I could never describe.
I love looking up and
knowing that God is bigger
than the sky above me.

This tree above reminded me today
that I don't always see God
through the perfect lenses
He gives me.

Sometimes I will say that
I am looking upward towards God,

yet...

I allow other things to
block my perfect view...


Branches and life
(Distractions)...


Circumstances and storms in life...
(Distractions)



Clouds and worries
(Distractions)


Sometimes I look
at God kind of sideways
and crooked, because of distorted
views of God that were planted
throughout my childhood...
(Distractions)



I want to see God perfectly
through the lenses
He's given me, through
the Spirit He planted in me
when I gave my life to Him,
by choosing Jesus Christ
as my Savior...


Mark 8:25
Once more Jesus put his hands
on the man's eyes.
Then his eyes were opened,
his sight was restored,
and he saw everything clearly.


Lord Jesus,
Touch my eyes and sight
that I might see everything
through your eyes today
and forevermore...
Just as You restored
the man's sight in the
above verse, Lord, restore
my spiritual eyes to see
what You would want
me to see and show
me how to move the
distractions from my view...

Philippians 3:14
I press on toward the goal to win
the prize for which God has called me
heavenward in Christ Jesus.


3 comments:

B His Girl said...

I pray we see clearly also Heaven. I have been thinking about trees. There is a post brewing in my mind I hope to share this week. You sound like you are looking forward to what God has planned for you. Keep going.

Eccl 3:1
There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

He makes everything beautiful in its time. B

Meredith said...

Praying you will get your perfect and clear view this week! :)

I have thought of you often over the past few weeks. We have been doing the Beth Moore study on Esther. If you haven't already done so and get the chance to participate, I hope you will. I think you would find it captivating.....

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

I love looking at nature to get perspective again. For some reason it always calms me- knowing and tangibly seeing that God created such beauty.

Blessings to you today-
Lindsey

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...