May 7, 2009

Protector...

God is so good! There have been a couple times in the past year where I could have totally messed up my world as I now know it by different choices made. Each time, I cried out to God for answers...

...and each time, He gently answered..."no".

So...what else can a woman, trying to live her life for God, do?

"O-kay God, you obviously know what You are doing...I choose to trust You, even though my heart is breaking in two..."

Sacrifice...

Obedience...

Trusting...

Believing in the ONE who only wants the best for me AND my children!!!

Today, I received just a glimpse of some of the reasons to my many questions of "Why?"

God protects, brings life, and restoration...

The enemy prowls around like a lion seeking to devour us and destroy our lives...one inch at a time...until he has wreaked total havoc in our lives.

When God says, "Don't even open that 'door' an inch!", it's because sometimes that is all it takes for the enemy to sneak in and begin working terminal chaos in your life!

God is my Protector!

God protects my kids!

Lord, I thank You for being patient with me when I questioned the "why's" so many times. You never blew me off or treated me as if my questions didn't matter. You simply took the time, comforted my bleeding heart, and reassured me that You knew what You were doing. THANK YOU so much that You spoke loudly through my heart with the Word of God, as well as through other people whom You gave wisdom to. I am so sorry for doubting and for the "pity parties" I threw for myself. Thank You for loving me and my children so much to be our Protector. Keep me wise, please Father God, keep me wise... Sweet Jesus, thank You for holding us in the shelter of Your wings...

3 comments:

Debbie said...

What a beautiful post. God is indeed our Protector, and probably, this side of the divide, we won't even realize the magnitude of it. I can't remember where it is, but there is a scripture that says do not give the devil a foothold. I picture me trying to shut the door on evil, but he sticks his foot in and tries to wedge it open. Only by the Power of God can I muster the courage and strength to slam it shut. Good for you for not opening a door that God said no to. I got goosebumps reading this post.

B His Girl said...

Thank you Lord for what you are doing in Heaven's life. B

Karen Hossink said...

Ahhh, yes! I am so thankful He is our Protector. Even when we don't see it and we cannot understand, His mercy protects us.

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...