May 11, 2009

Resting...

It feels good to not feel like I have to run to my computer and check Blogger, Facebook, Twitter, E-mail, Bank Account, and my other E-mail accounts.

It's like the answering machine that needs to be checked...

...and the laundry that needs to be done...

...and the grass that is finally growing...

...and the dishes that are piling up in the sink...

...and the beds that aren't getting made everyday...

There was a day, when my oldest was a preschooler, that the above "to-do" list would have drove me crazy. I would literally follow him around all day picking up toys after him. Shoes had to be in the exact place ALL the time. My child would get scolded for messes made constantly, ALL day long...

If milk or juice was spilled, I blew my top (and it continued to blow for the rest of the day)! How dare my 3 year old EVER make a mess on the floor which I spend countless hours washing daily? Or how dare he mess up the table I just washed? Exaggerated??? Nope, not really...

Let's just say that a "little" OCD (Obessessive Compulsive Disorder) was present in my life back then! I don't know how I got here 10 years later, but I have a feeling it was one spilled cup of milk at a time, and A LOT of God.

Unfortunately, my oldest experienced the most of my rage, and unfortunately, now has quite a bit himself... I really need prayer for our relationship, as well as LOTS of wisdom! It's hard to see him soooooooo angry when I probably caused most of it.

I need God's eyes to see my son's heart, and to be able to view him through God's eyes. I need to learn where I need to bend, and not be so rigid, and where I need to tighten the reigns. Wisdom...wisdom...wisdom:)

It may be a little while before I am back on a regular schedule with blogging or facebooking, so just keep me in your prayers if my family comes to your mind:)

Blessings! Thank you:)

3 comments:

B His Girl said...

I will pray for your family and your relationship with your son. B

Kelly said...

Will be praying for you guys. And May I just add counseling is a great thing for both adults & kids. I'm just saying.....

Love you!

Susan said...

Praying for you, Heaven!

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...