May 29, 2009

Today is the day!

I'm casting my cares aside
I'm leaving my past behind
I'm setting my heart & mind on You, Jesus
I'm reaching my hands to Yours
believing there's so much more
Knowing that all You have
in store for me is good.

Today is the day You have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it.
And I won't worry about tomorrow
I'm trusting in what You say
Today is the day! Today is the day!

I'm putting my fears aside
I'm leaving my doubts behind
I'm giving my hopes and dreams to You Jesus
I'm reaching my hands to Yours
believing there's so much more
Knowing that all You have in store
for me is good

I will stand upon Your truth
And all my days I'll live for You
And I will stand upon Your truth
And all my days I'll live for You.

There are days I feel like I have used up all of my grace and have run out of God's forgiveness. There are days I feel like I am failing in every area of my life. There are days where I am angry and sad and can't find the strength to go on for one more moment. There are days I am tired and have no motivation. There are days I continue to fall over and over into the same sin which I totally despise. There are days where I allow the enemy to beat me down to nothing with condemnation and negative thoughts.

These days will come, but these are the days I NEED to renew my mind and declare that "This is the day that the Lord has made and I will CHOOSE to rejoice and be glad in it!!!" These are the days, I need to praise and worship and believe that the God of this universe CHOSE me even knowing I would be where I am at. He CALLED me out of the darkness EVEN KNOWING I would stumble.

TODAY IS THE DAY I WILL STAND UPON THE TRUTH OF GOD!!! TODAY is the day I will CHOOSE NOT TO live by my feelings. TODAY is the day I WILL NOT listen to the lies of the enemy. TODAY is the day I WILL REJOICE...

By choice...

...even though I don't feel like it...

...even though I am tired and want to go back to bed...

...even though I have reason to be sad...

...even though______________...

I REJOICE!!! This video is filled with background images of nature and jam packed with scripture. I encourage you to watch it, and let God speak to your heart today:)



6 comments:

christy rose said...

Casting my cares on Him and leaving my past behind. What a great way to begin to renew our mind to the Truth and begin to REJOICE!
This was great Heaven!

Thanks for sharing this video and what you wrote from your heart.

Christy

Kelly said...

This is one of the songs I exercise to at Body&Soul class. I love it. I could almost do the routine here in my office with the music playing. Hope you're having a GREAT day!

Karen Hossink said...

even though...

Indeed!

Whatever the "even though," He is good and worthy of praise. I am so glad God doesn't change with, and isn't dependent upon, my "even though"s.

debbie said...

This is exactly what I needed to start my day. Yesterday I went to the Lord for strength. I had had enough for one day. I copied and pasted bits of wisdom to a word.doc because I am just out of my own words and thoughts. Wide open for attack. Thank you for this post. Every day is a new chance, with new battles to be armed and ready for. I'm glad I waited until this morning to read it. God knew what I would need to start my day, and used you to provide it.

B His Girl said...

Choosing THIS Day to walk with Him also knowing He is who He say He is. That calls for rejoicing! His mercy was there when I woke up this morning. Thank you Jesus. B

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

I love this song too!! My kids like to dance to it in the morning and it is such a sweet reminder...to see them so carefree and childlike and trusting in their faith!

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...