October 29, 2008

Post-it notes


This is a picture taken last year of my boys playing a prank on their mom. I LOVE post-it notes!
They are so easy to stick somewhere and since I have a short memory thing going on, it helps me keep track of what's going on in my life.

Appt. at 10:00...get milk...God will provide...Don't forget to pick up boys from school today...call mom...coffee is ready, just turn on...Garbage day is today...Grounded from PS2...Take your medicine...Don't forget library books...Take a shower today...

I also use them to help my kids remember as well, although they keep insisting they don't need reminding. Even though they don't "need" them, they complain when I haven't left them a note.

I'm not sure when I started this, but everyone has grown accustomed to my little notes around the house. In my bathroom, I have notes on my mirror of "Who I am in Christ" and across from where we sit in that particular room, I have verses and declarations on the wall to speak while waiting to be done in that room:)

On my cupboards, I have verses and reminders for myself as well. As I go out the front door, I have a "declaration for my home" prayer which reminds me that this is God's home and I have authority in Christ Jesus to keep it God's home. Going down the hall to my youngest son's room, I have 4 or 5 verses on fear for him to look at when he is afraid. Those verses are also for me when I worry about the things going on in my boys' lives and feel out of control.

Deuteronomy 6:5-9 says: "Love the Lord your God with ALL your heart and with ALL your soul and with ALL your strength. These commandments that I give to you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down, and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on your doorframes of your houses and on your gates."

I think Moses knew the importance of constant reminders and meditating on God's commandments and His love. We are quick to forget what God has done for us, and need to impress the love of God into our hearts. As a child, we don't have to be trained to disobey, but we do have to be trained to be obedient. What do you need God to impress on your heart today that will lead you one step closer to becoming all that God wants you to be?

*I think Moses would love post-it notes:) Well, actually pen and paper as well.

~Walking through God's grace, Heaven

7 comments:

Edie said...

LOL!!! I love their sense of humor. I have to write myself notes too. When my daughter was little I would ask her to remind me of things, then when she did I would be irritated cause I felt like I was being nagged. So I said leave me a note instead so I wouldn't get irritable with her. I have been calling them "Nag Notes" ever since.

"*I think Moses would love post-it notes:) Well, actually pen and paper as well." LOL - I think you're right. :D

Kim said...

Cute picture! And, I love how you use post~its to remind you of the Lord and His will for you. That's so great!!! PS ~ I think we were linked through Jennifer at Smelling Coffee...

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'll look at the bathroom wall without seeing all the possibilities there...

Kelly said...

Loved your notes! So funny! Moses with post-it-notes. Yeah. :-)

Angela said...

Covering your house with God's word, huh? I may have to do a little of that myself. Funny kids- I love that you are teaching them to find confidence in the word of God..the answers are right there if we would only look!! I am glad to meet you, thanks for coming by my blog the other day!
Angela

Anonymous said...

This is my first time visiting your blog, and what a great post! I cannot LIVE without Post-It notes! LOL

In fact, I use them constantly, just like you. Once I hit 40, I think many brain cells simply vanished. Sigh. I always tell my kids "I need to write that down on a Post-It and stick it on my forehead!"

So nice to meet you, God's Girl!

Lysa TerKeurst said...

I'm with you on the post it notes... love them!

Thanks for this cool insight.

And thanks for your comment today. I'm praying for you right now.

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...