October 28, 2008

FREEDOM!!!

First, I have to start out by saying, "WOO HOO! I got the job!!!" Praise God! I go in tomorrow to fill out papers, etc.

O-kay, now that I got that out...I have had this song running through my head all day, so I'm going to go with the flow. The song is called "Freedom", words by Matt Bushard. I'm not totally sure who sings it, but it is way COOL, and emphasizes what God has been speaking to me about (Standing in the authority of Jesus Christ and taking back what the enemy has stolen)

FREEDOM
I cry freedom from the chains
that bind our children.
Freedom from the chains
that bind our praises.
Freedom from the lies
of the enemy, freedom..
This is verse 1 of this song, and it's the part I love the most.
Galations 5:1 says, "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."
I once tore that verse down word by word, and it was amazing what God showed me through that. In my Bible, next to the word "burdened", I wrote "entangled". Oh, doesn't that sound like a word associated with webs and spiders (yesterday's post)? It is no accident that God brought me back to this verse today.
I recently shared with my new friend, Paulette, that I know I have been set free and delivered of many things in my life; however, I wasn't quite sure how to walk in that freedom. The visual picture I used was a bird who has been caged for so long, and now the door is open. There is total freedom for the bird to fly out of its cage, yet fear keeps the bird away from the open entrance, and keeps it from fulfilling its purpose.
How many of us fear flying out of the "comfortable" cage which we have been accustomed to. Whether you once flew and ended up with broken wings, or never got the chance to fly at all because you were caged and locked up, it's time to fly and leave the cage behind!
It is for freedom that Christ set us FREE!!! Christ died on the cross so we could declare "FREEDOM from the chains that bind our children, FREEDOM from the chains that bind our praises, FREEDOM from the lies of the enemy, FREEDOM!!!"
"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed!" John 8:36
Do not let the enemy steal your God-given purpose and destiny! Jesus has SET YOU FREE! Embrace that freedom and step into the royal position God has called you to. Declare, in the name of Jesus, FREEDOM.
Yes, you will have to fight for it; however, we already have read the last chapter of the Book, and we know that we know that we know GOD WINS THE WAR!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

I have to laugh - when you started, I was expecting the George Michael song "Freedom, you gotta give for what you take."

Congrats on the job! Wahoo!

If God has set you free, then you are free indeed. (I did 2 blog posts on being FREE a few weeks ago. So I totally relate to this post).

The Equipped Life said...

I enjoyed your comments. I have to say that my husband and I both liked your answer to the random question on your profile... edifying and enlightening! lol

Debbie Giese said...

Hi,
Your post is helping me to recapture some enthusiasm I feel like I've lost. I too have been set free, from a past of abuse and my own sin that went along with it.The feeling of unbelievable gratitude is giving way to complacency. There is no fire in complacency. I am praying to get that fire back, to stop settling and hoping for the calm. Not that I am inviting trouble, but sometimes it's easier to feel the alive and passionate during a storm. By the way, next to Chris Tomlin, I love, love, love the live version of I Am Free. (Saw them with my girls too.) I did a post in July about being an adolescent Christian. Not a baby anymore, but a teenager. And we teenagers need to go to concerts!
Anyway, pray for the fire to reignite. Praying for you in your new job,
Debbie

Edie said...

Hi God's Girl! What a great post. So many people I know (including myself) are seeking to learn how to live out the Freedom and the abundant life that Christ came to give us. I believe God is moving in the hearts of his people.

Congratulations on the job!

Anonymous said...

Awesome to hear that you got the job!!! To look back and see the chains that have dropped off is what makes me praise God!

My ADHD Me said...

Well, I did it...on my own I may add....I am now officially following you...See, look over your shoulder...there I am...quick! ...Too late...I ducked behind that tree.

I just looked around your blog a bit. First of all, like Barb, I liked your answer to the random question in your profile...surprised you haven't gotten your hair stuck in the drain...be careful!

I liked the 20 things about you! I don't like chocolate that much either....there are only a few of us around you know.
People have NEVER said that I am a great housekeeper!
When I was in my 20's I also drove drunk. Really REALLY stupid but we can't erase our past. Only learn from it. Now that I'm a firefighter, I see a lot of what drunk driving does and it's not pretty. What matter's is that we don't ever do it again!
Your name is cool. I like it...but funny you added in that your parents weren't hippies because that was my first thought.

God delivered you...Now That Is Awesome!!

My ADHD Me said...

P.S. You HAVE to get rid of that thing on your comment section where we have to type in the random word. It Drives Me CRAZY-er!

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...