October 2, 2008

Time

Time...time...time! "My times are in Your hands!" Psalm 31:15a

This has been the theme of my life in the past few weeks. People have been trying to interpret the times since the beginning of time. Everyone wants to figure out what's going on in our world today, where our future is going, & where in the world yesterday went. There are people who are stuck in the past (mistakes, regrets, and memories) and therefore, can't move forward because they can't let go of the chains of the past. There are people who are always living in the future (worrying about tomorrow, fearful of what will happen next), and therefore, are afraid to make the next move.

"God gave us today as a present, and that is why it is called the Present." Okay, so it is a worn-out cliche, yet how true it is. I have been guilty of both scenarios above, and right now, I have to admit I am bouncing between the two, trying to live in the moment.

My times are in God's hands. My children's lives are in God's hands. My future is in God's hands. My finances are in God's hands. The timing of my future ministry is in God's hands. Whew! My times are in God's hands!!! I know the Bible is true. I believe every word is breathed by God, yet I don't live like I believe that "my times are in 'God's' hands."

"Why?" My first instinct is to doubt, fear, and worry. The amount of time I stay in that place gets shorter and shorter, yet I know I need to train my mind to immediately turn to God, instead of secondarily choosing to pray. Why is it that I 'freak' out, and then think of praying? Well, this is the journey I am on...learning to trust God, and living in the peace that only His presence can offer.

I praise God that He is sovereign! His plans and timing for my life are far better than mine. "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plans to prosper you, and not harm you, plans for a future and a hope..." Jeramiah 11:13

God created time and controls it. He can alter time any time He wishes to. He gives us time on this earth and with the salvation He offers through Jesus Christ, he gives us eternal life with Him in heaven. We have to realize that He has given us time for a purpose. "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10

Unless we realize that time really does matter, our days become mundane and meaningless. Each day is a gift from God and we are to respond in gratitude. God's time for us on this earth is coming to an end. Only He knows the timing. God knows what is coming our way in this country. God knows the disasters that may happen. God knows it all because He is in control. Our times truly are in God's hands.

Are you going to face your future with God...or without??? I've done it both ways, and honestly, life without God truly sucks (for lack of a better word). For this time in my life, I will continue to go forward with God, and I will continue to daily proclaim that..."my times are in God's hands" until worry becomes my second instinct instead of my first. When the first works for you, you really don't need the second :)

May God bless you, keep you, and show you that you too, are able to place your time in His hands... Thanx for following heaven's journey, one day at a time.

No comments:

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...