October 3, 2008

"A 'storm' has arrived!"

I wake up this morning to heart-wrenching news, and have to decide if what I said in yesterday's blog still stands true in the midst of this trial. I declare, as I journey into this storm, that "My times are in God's hands."

I find encouragement as I recall God's promises for my life. "God will never leave me, nor forsake me." Hebrews 13:5. I thank God that He..."will not let me tempted (tested) beyond what I can bear..." 1 Corinthians 10:13. I thank God that He will help me..."persevere under this trial, because when I have stood this test, I will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him..." James 1:12. I thank God that I..."do not have to be anxious about anything...that I can present my requests to God, and that His peace, a peace which no human can comprehend, will guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6,7. I thank God that "God will meet all my needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19. I thank God that I don't have to..."lose heart...and that my momentary troubles are achieving for me an eternal glory that far outweighs anything. I will fix my eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen (what I am going through) is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18. I thank God that..."all of His promises are 'yes' and 'amen'." 2 Cor. 1:20. And finally, I "rejoice in my sufferings (trials), because I know that this suffering produces perseverance, perseverance produces character, and character produces hope...God's hope DOES NOT disappoint us..." Romans 5:3-5

So, again, I declare, "My times are in God's hands!!!"

Heavenly Father, I thank You that nothing is beyond Your control. I thank You that you love me enough to allow trials into my life for the purpose of refining me. Lord, continue to shape my attitudes, actions, and words to those that would please You. May my responses be of joy, not for the situation, but that You will get me through it in one piece AND so that I will be stronger on the other side of this. I thank You for shielding me and being my Provider, my comforter, and my Father. Lord, if something good wasn't going to come out of this, then You would have never allowed it. I thank You that You do have a "plan for my future of hope, not harm." I choose not to become bitter, but better. I choose to rest in the shadow of Your wings, and rest in the peace and comfort only You can provide. Thank You for Your mercy and grace upon me. Be my family's umbrella in this storm, and help me not to step out of Your will for my life and this situation. I thank You that You have promised to walk with me, and that my faith in You will increase as You show Your faithfulness to us. In Jesus' precious name, Amen~

No comments:

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...