October 14, 2008

WANTED...

God is looking for men and women...

Who fear nothing but God.
Who are totally committed to God, regardless of what others think or say.
Who desire, above everything else, an intimacy with the Lord.
Who long to know Him, regardless of the cost.
Who are prepared to break tradition for the sake of obedience.
Who won't sell out to fame or fortune.
Who have died to carnal ambitions.
Who no longer measure their success by the world's standards.

God calls all Christians to enroll in the school of His Spirit-He longs for us to grow in maturity and intimacy with Him so we can fulfill His purposes for us and for our generations. For too long we have been like the child who desperately clings to his mother's leg when facing the first day of Kindergarten, stubbornly refusing to move on to the next level of spiritual maturity. There is a stirring in the body of Christ- a call to put away childish things, pick up our weaponry, and go to spiritual war. Church of God Arise!
(Taken from "For God's Sake, Grow Up! A spiritual call to maturity" by David Ravenhill)

2 comments:

My ADHD Me said...

Wow. I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog. I have sat here for 5 minutes trying to think of a comment for your post but all I can think of is WOW.
It's nice to meet you!

Luanne said...

Hi--came across your blog via my friend Deb's blog. I too am from Wisconsin. I appreciate your openness and honesty in your posts. God bless!

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...