October 24, 2008

Bounty

This morning before I rushed out the door to two job interviews, God brought me to Jeremiah. I do not claim to know the history or background of many books of the Bible. History, in school, was not one of my strong subjects; therefore, I don't debate theology in scriptures. I simply write what God says to me through the verses He brings me to.


Lately, I have found myself in Isaiah and Jeremiah of the Old Testament. God has shown me many promises regarding my children and I in these books. Now I know that all promises in the Bible are for every believer, but I love it when God personalizes those promises for me during the season of my life that I need it.


God began showing me some of the turmoil that will be coming to this country, and I immediately became discouraged. I do not like turmoil, storms, or struggles. My theory is this: "Can we all just go to heaven already?" Okie-dokie, let's just say that doesn't get me very far, since I'm still rapidly typing this, and I've prayed that prayer a million times.

Since I have been blogging, God has totally assured me that I do not have to fear the storms or the trials set before me. As I live my life in obedience, God does the rest. God truly is in control!!!


So as I sat discouraged, the Lord reassured me with these verses in Jeremiah.


Jeremiah 31:2 "The people who survive the sword will find favor in the desert; I will come to give rest to Israel." The reason this verse means something is that I have been in a time of refining and pruning. So much, that I grow weary and faint...which...leads me to the next scripture He gave me...


Jeremiah 31:25 "I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint." Praise God for that!!!

I then asked God, "What about this judgment coming to our nation? I can barely make it right now." God then led my eyes to the same page in chapter 31, verse 14:


"I will satisfy the priests with abundance, and my people will be filled with my bounty," declares the Lord.

That word bounty bothered me. Well, not really bothered me, but made me wonder exactly what it meant. So...yep, you guessed it, I went to my dictionary.

BOUNTY- Something that is given liberally; a reward, a payment; generosity, goodness; a premium or reward; a generosity in giving. (synonyms: bonus, compensate, recompense *my favorite word, by the way*)

I looked further up in the same chapter to verses 12-14. Again, the NIV used bounty in verse 12: "They come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the Lord-the grain, the new wine and the oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more..."


Once again, I left my house reassured and comforted by God's Word. God is good...all the time.

~Daily living in His presence



5 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Heaven,

Love that name. Thanks for visiting my photo blog. I really enjoyed your post. I have another blog that I share my walk with God and am part of a study Say Yes to God Blog bible study, you might enjoy there are incredible women of faith in the blog study.

My other blog you can link to the study through it. http://carol-lookingahead.blogspot.com

I know this stuffy is scary but we are walking on His road. Hope your job interviews went well.

Carol

Edie said...

Hi God's Girl! I so love what you wrote here. I can't tell you how it confirms the thoughts that keep coming to my mind. I can tell by what you wrote that you really GET what I was saying in my post "Are We Still a Nation Under God."

I believe that something is about to happen in our nation. I don't know which direction this nation is about to turn but I think we are at the crossroad.

I Love this post!

Luanne said...

God is in control--we really don't see the big picture, but we keep praying and trusting and, hey...maybe we as christians need to wake up and stand up for what we believe! God doesn't want us to fear--just trust. How'd the job interviews go?

Heaven said...

I will know on Monday whether or not I got the job. Wherever God wants me, I know He will place me:)

Debbie Giese said...

Hi Heaven,
I just learned that it is your real name. Beautiful. Interesting about everyone feeling something is going on in our nation. Besides the election. I just got the book "Turn" by Max Lucado. It is based on 2 Chronicles 7:14 which says "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." I'm only about halfway through, but it also has a spider link. I read your spider post, but this book mentions the one shiny silver strand that attaches our country to God and we are trying to hack it away because we can't see what it goes to anymore.

I am catching up on your posts. I love the way you write and think, living out loud. Saying the things the rest of us think when no one is looking. Wanting to trust, but being afraid of 12:01. Congrats on your job!!! Praise God who provides all things!
Your sister in Christ,
Debbie

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...