February 24, 2009

Letter to Heaven



Letter to myself...

There is a thing going around on "bloggy world" where you write a letter to your younger self- 20 years ago. It doesn't change anything, and obviously, you can't take your life back, but after doing this letter, it helped me realize just how much God truly had a hand in my life even back then. Although I may have regrets, I really wouldn't change a thing, because EVERYthing that has happened in my life to this point has made me the woman I am today~ A work in progress...






Dear precio
us girl~







You are 13 year
s old and I know you feel like you are all alone in the world. You have already experienced so much that a young girl your age should never have to face. There are some things you remember and some things you don't yet. I want you to know that you are not alone and that you have a future FULL of hope!



In less than a year, your whole life will change. You will be going to a new state, a huge school, and life will seem out-of-control. You are a very smart, bright, and beautiful young woman with sooooooo much potential. Believe in yourself, and don't let others make you feel any less than that.


You've just gotten your heart broken for the first time, and that boy has no clue about the woman he's going to miss out on. Shake it off and don't give him another chance because you are no one's "closet" girlfriend! You deserve better!





Right now, you may feel ugly, clumsy, awkward, and unloved, but 20-years from now, you will be a woman who is loved and cherished by many, many people. You will be a woman who is clothed with honor, integrity, and humility. You will be talented and smart, and will have a beautiful heart.

I would like to tell you that the next 20-years will be fabulous, but I can't. I would also like to tell you to make different choices, but you also can't because all of the choices you make will mold you into the woman you will become. Your experiences and the things you go through will be an amazing testimony to others who need to be understood and loved right where they are.

Here is a glimpse of what is to come.
As you go through each thing, you will feel like you just want to die, but you survive and conquer and overcome ALL obstacles!


In a couple years, you will get to see your daddy again. You will be SO happy! Unfortunately, he will commit suicide within a few months of seeing him. I'm sorry. I know you've been longing for that relationship for a long time. Your prayers will be answered and he will accept Christ as his Savior...but it will not be until he's about to die.


You will be at the hospital praying over him and reading the Bible to him as he lies dying. Don't feel intimidated by the people in the room. They won't "get" it, but your daddy will. Don't get mad at God. He plans to make good come out of this situation.



When you are in high school, your mom is going to go through some rough years as well. Your home life is going to feel like it's shattering, but your mom has to go through these things to get to where she will one day be. These things ARE NOT your fault! She's doing the best that she knows how. Allow yourself to be a kid; it's not your job to hold your family together.



You know that "pain-in-the-butt" sister of yours??? She will one day be your best friend. I know, hard to believe, but there will come a day when you actually like talking to her and hanging out with her. She only tortures you because she needs love. Pay attention to her because one day, she will be your strength, your biggest cheerleader, and one of your greatest encouragers.



BE NICE TO YOUR BROTHER...He has feelings too, and he just needs to feel loved and accepted. You will crush his heart with your words and actions. Be careful with your words... Your mom is right, someday, he will be bigger than you! All that tinkering he does, well, it will come in handy, because he will one day, drop everything just to help you. He's a good brother:)

You will walk away from God, look for love in all the wrong places, seek comfort in the
things that you say you will never, EVER do...

and you will try to end your life...
...more than once.

A razor will no longer be used just to shave your legs; it will become a tool to torture yourself with because you feel so worthless. Food will be forced out of your b
ody as a way of finding some sense of control in your life. You will become an alcoholic. You will abuse drugs. You will constantly give your body away in hopes to regain that which was stolen. You will earn a horrible reputation, but that will eventually be washed away. Believe me! One day, people will NEVER be able to picture you being the woman I am describing.

You will find love one day. . .

Remember when you were 8 years old? The doctor told your mom that you'd never have kids because of the damage, to your body, from years of sexual abuse. Ha! Ha!

HE WAS WRONG!!!



You will have TWO precious boys!!!

You may think that you will treat them as the miracles that they are, but you won't. While they are still young, you will abuse them and they will end up in foster care for a few months. You will even over-dose while they are in the next room sleeping. BUT you WILL learn to love them, you WILL learn to cherish them, you WILL end up being a good mother.

I'm sorry...

All of this has to happen in order for you to get the help you need, and to begin the process of loving others and yourself. You'll even homeschool them for a couple years and LOVE it. They will become your reason for living! They are amazing boys!!!


You will live in one state for almost 20 years! Crazy, huh? Yes, honey, you will one day be stable!

You will like yo
urself, but most important, you will LOVE yourself...and be able to let others love you. It may take awhile, but it will happen:)

You WILL find God again!

You will make many mistakes,
some even huge,
but you will learn about God's forgiveness.


...You will learn to forgive...

You will get your heart broken, but you will witness God's healing. You will see precious dreams die, but God will give you bigger and better ones.

You will watch people you love...



Die...


My mother-in-law and friend, Carol, died on September 11, 2002 from cancer.
Tony and I watched as she took her last breath...
My precious Grandma, Irene, died in 2007.
(although this picture was taken when my grandpa died,
I also held her hand, and sang to her in the wee hours before
she went to see Jesus AND grandpa!)




but you will get to minister to them before they do. You will hurt people, but you will get really good at saying you are sorry...and you will truly mean it:)

God will restore you, redeem you, heal you, and make you whole. He will become your Provider, your Husband, your friend, and the Father you never had. He will become your 'all-in-all', and He will show you that even through all the bad stuff, He was there shielding you from the worse stuff...

Heaven Danell Moorhouse, you are cherished and you have a Heavenly Father who adores you and rejoices over you with singing. You have a long road ahead of you, but you will make it.


~Love, Heaven Danell (as a much older & wiser woman)

13 comments:

Luanne said...

Heaven--this is awesome. Praising God for all He has done--and all He will do in your life. He has got some awesome plans for you!!!

The Rigelsky Family said...

many tears reading this...how beautiful..God speaks so clearly through you. I say this not to boost your ego but to encourage you to use that gift to encourage others. its is something that should NEVER be taken for granted. WOW.powerful!

Anonymous said...

I have tears streaming down my face reading this. God has done an awesome work in your life Heaven. You have a great gift don't you ever forget that. You have a way with words that can bring the deepest of buried emotions in someone to the surface. Thank you for sharing your heart with the rest of us.

I am so blessed to have you as a friend.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I decided to read your blog. I was blown away. That was a very true and powerful letter. I cried as if it were all happening again. I love you very much .It is amazing where you are and where you came from. I am amazed everyday through every journey you go through. U are a very strong person and grow stronger through every obstacle. This was an awesome blog.. Thanks for not posting all those real ghetto photos... I can be your sister again....Okay on a more serious side now.. I love you and most days honored your my sister.... The other days like 5% of the time you still get on my nerves and say the dumbest things and do stupid stuff like hmmmmm take my lotion....Love ya kid... I am so proud of you

Tracy said...

Heaven,
Wow! The Lord truly brings us through doesn't He? I'm so glad you know Jesus. I pray that God continues to use your willingness to be transparent to help minister to others. "You are accepted in the Beloved." I'm proud to have you for my friend.
Tracy

B His Girl said...

Heaven,

B has no words but she was touched deeply. You are loved.

Anonymous said...

HEAVEN, I DONT EVER CRY BUT WHEN I CAME ACROSS THE PICTURES OF DAD... I STARTED TO CRY, BECAUSE I DONT HAVE ANY PICTURES OF HIM AT ALL.. BUT I HAVE YOU, LUV YA SIS

Trees said...

Words can quite adequately express what I felt when I read your blog. I have read many and truly feel this one was one which touched most profoundly. Your writing is absolutely exceptional and you take us through your life in such a way that one almost feels they are witnessing as it happens to you. You are a very strong person, have come through so very much in your young life and through your writing you have taught me some things about myself looking back 20 years into my own life. God bless you. Will look very forward to visiting you again soon.

http://trees-gardenofhope.blogspot.com

B His Girl said...

Heaven your verse speaks for me speaks even more today. Thank you. B

Debbie Giese said...

Hey, I'm with B. No words. Thanks for sharing. And more in common than I knew, but I thought so. Love ya,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

To My beautiful daughter, I have prayed more prayers for you than I can count. Life was very difficult and challenging for all of us. You saw way to much forlittle eyes to see, heard more than little ears should hear, and witnessed alot of abuse from your father. I prayed forever that those memories would fade away and be forgotten. The memories never do die but the scars from those childhood memories are finally starting to be healed in Jesus Name. I am so proud to have you for a daughter, and I know that God has only begun your journey. You will witness to many through your own memories, You will pray with others, help heal there wounds and be a great warrior for GOD. I know we are on a journey, our pasts are under the BLOOD OF JESUS, and we can only look forward to each new day that comes,and ask LORD, WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU TODAY. always remember that though our own journey we have been on, we can constantly pray to pave the way for our future generations. One prayer ata time, one day at a time, one person at a time. together we make 2, and that means 2,000 angels are at the scene of every prayer we pray. YOU ARE LOVED.........mom

Anonymous said...

My Dear, Dear Cousin, I remember the first time I ever read one of your blog entries. I too was blown away, moved, inspired and left wanting more. I truly believe that God's plan for you will not only involve touching many people's lives, but I believe he will use your beautiful ability to put emotions into words and you will reach millions through the use of your keyboard. Please don't ever stop putting your feelings into print for others to not only read, but for them to become inspired by your bravery to share your most personal thoughts. Those who call you friend and those who walk with you in the Lord's name will never judge you. We will learn more about you and what God's plan for you is and how you came to be the woman you are now and the woman you are yet to be. I have always loved you, I love you now and everyday I love you more. Thank you for being you. Tonjia

Anonymous said...

Wow Heaven...what a beautiful thing this is. What a testimony He has made of your life. Deeply touhed and thankful to know you sweet sister.
~Michelle E.

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...