February 2, 2009

not the end...update included

"Awake, awake, O Zion, clothe yourself with strength. Put on your garments of splendor, O Jerusalem, the holy city. The uncircumcised and defiled will not enter you again. Shake off your dust, rise up, sit enthroned, O Jerusalem. Free yourself from the chains on your neck, O captive Daughter of Zion, For this is what the Lord says: "You were sold for nothing, and without money you will be redeemed." Isaiah 52:1-3

God is sooooooooo good!!! I just love Him. I have court in less than 2 hours, and I was sitting here depressed and mourning, so to speak because this is my final divorce hearing.

...GOD SHOWED UP to comfort me and strengthen me in the His words above from Isaiah, and confirmed that, "yes, this is what you are supposed to do..."

God knows the circumstances that ended this marriage, and God knows the future, therefore, I choose to trust that this is "not the end of my life", but actually a "new beginning."

When a prisoner is released from prison and the chains are removed from him, he doesn't say, "Oh no, put them back on, I'd like to remain captive for awhile longer."

Instead, he steps out of the prison doors, takes a deep breath of fresh air, maybe takes one look back, but then looks straight in front of him, and moves forward, one foot in front of the other.

...WITH JOY AND PEACE...

"Joy comes in the morning..." This is my "morning". These are the words in the new chapter of my life. I am not going to look back, and I'm not going to mourn any longer.

This has been a long journey, and praise God, this is not the end of the book...just the beginning of a new chapter...

God is good...ALL THE TIME...AND ALL THE TIME...GOD IS GOOD!!!

Update: Court went amazingly well. He appeared by phone, and we were out within 15 minutes. It was very agreeable, and everything went as planned. No "garbage" or "baggage" had to be brought up, so praise God (for both him and I).

See, God not only loves me, but He also loves Tony. Not only did God protect my dignity, He also protected Tony's:) Now, that is the God I serve!!! What a mighty, loving, and Awesome God we serve:)

9 comments:

B His Girl said...

Amen Heaven. This is a new beginning. Trust in the Lord and He will turn the pages of this new chapter in your life. The ending is very good.

Tracy said...

My prayers are with you.
Tracy

betty said...

(((Heaven))) I love how the Lord gives us His Word right when we need to hear it exactly what we need to hear

betty

Kelly said...

God is good, God is good, God is good. so happy you had peace today!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment Heaven. If anything I comment on touches you, it has to be inspired by the Holy Spirit. In John ch. 15 Jesus says, "Remain in me and I will remain in you." I try to hang out with God. He has shown me that I can trust what comes to my mind if I am in Him. I also pray for God to use everything I do. I want to encourage people in their walk and spread the Joy of Jesus around the WWW. God will use any willing vessel. Thanks for encouraging me today. b

Edie said...

I'm so glad everything turned out so well for all of you. Yes He is GOOD ALL THE TIME.

Meredith said...

...Sending up praise and prayers for you......thanks for sharing your heart during these difficult times.

Paulette said...

Heav,

So glad that all went well today. I was praying for you. I'm out at my brothers so if you tried to call and didn't get an answer thats why. I'm leaving in about an hour and will try to call you on my way home.

We serve an awesome God,
Paulette

My ADHD Me said...

Hurray! So glad things went well!!

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...