April 3, 2009

99th post

Wow! It's hard to believe that this is my 99th post.

My blog started on September 12, 2008. This is a snippet from that post:
I hold within me a bandaged heart, almost whole again. I tuck two wonderful boys in at night. I still have an thin indention on my left finger where a simple gold wedding band once sat. I am on a quest for a brand new career or degree, not sure which. Yet I still remain simple, or at least try to be...

I tend to be pretty transparent, not necessarily to my liking; however, God has made it plain that my writing is to be just that. I've learned a lot about myself since I've started blogging, and God has a lot to do with that.

In this post, I talked about God being my life jacket in a "storm":
Your life was just shipwrecked...without notice...without cause...the world must still spin in orbit...yet you quietly stare at the debris and the wreckage, somehow knowing that your life will never be the same again.

In this post, I found healing in aisle #9: I let myself become numb to my feelings, because then people couldn't hurt me. Heck, I couldn't even hurt me anymore with my self-rejection and condemnation for not "doing things right".


In this post, I shared a revelation regarding my dissatisfied heart: We say we are grateful, but are we really? Have we become like the Israelites who received daily Manna, and yet still complained.


In this post, I blogged about my "open mouth, insert foot, judging" syndrome: Life has never has been and it never will be about us and our rights; however, somewhere in life's journey, we believed the lie that said it is "all about me"

This is my "20 things about me post": I have been praying for God to make me 'real' and authentic, and that's what He has been doing. He is stripping away all those things that I find acceptance in, to show me that He has already given me everything I need. All I need to do is simply pull on heaven and bring them down to earth.

In this post, God showed me about "bounty" for my life: Jeremiah 31:25 "I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint." Praise God for that!!!


Here, God reminded me to just "be still": Know that I am God= quit trying to figure everything out...shut your mind off...no analyzing...


In this post, I shared about running ahead of God: "So since God knows my future and also my past, then I need to trust Him with my present, and say, "O-kay God, where are we headed now? What do you have in store for the boys and I now?"


In this post, I talked about being a conquerer:
"I am not a victim. I am not even a survivor (one who just hangs on). I AM A CONQUERER! "

I wrote a letter to myself and found much healing.

I've posted about how God totally provides:
"I trust Him so much with my finances. I really trust Him...so much that...well, sometimes, I make things happen and...take things into my own hands...well...just in case He doesn't...um...provide."


I was looking through my different posts, and wow, I've told you all quite a lot about me. I'm not sure I like that too much:) but God has a plan and apparently wants to use transparency in my life.
Some of you have been blessed by my honesty and others have turned away.

That being said, the fact remains that my name is Heaven and this is Heaven's journey where I share the journey each day brings, good AND bad:) Love ya guys!

4 comments:

The Rigelsky Family said...

awwww Love you too!!!!

Kelly said...

Congrats and here comes your 100th post. Maybe we should give you 100 comments that day. LOL!!! (*wink*)

Hey - you know I have that same disease..."open mouth, insert foot." Glad I'm not alone!

Susan said...

Isn't it amazing what a blessing blogging is??? I'm about to hit the 1000th post and I'm not tire ONE BIT! It's a great journey and I'm glad you're on it too.

Beverlydru said...

I love this post. And I love it about blogging that we put ourselves out there... transparent and vulnerable...and find love and acceptance. Very cool.

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...