April 6, 2009

Peace


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

Is there something troubling you today?

Is there a situation in your life that is causing turmoil and worry?

Jesus says not to be afraid and not to let your heart be troubled.

Crawl up in the lap of your Heavenly Father and let Him love on you and grip your heart in the palm of His hand.

If the whole "father figure" doesn't work for you because of past wounds, then hide under the shadow of His wings. Let Him bring you peace and rest and comfort...

2 comments:

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

Thank you for the reminder to seek peace and His strength instead of trying to do it myself!

I wrote about crawling into our Father's arms last year, and actually looked it up yesterday to remind myself to listen to my own words and to seek Him out when times are troubled.

Have a blessed day~

http://anewlifehartz.blogspot.com/2008/09/safe-in-my-arms.html

Luanne said...

Peace--an awesome gift from above!

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...