April 17, 2009

The Real Me

I tend to blog about being real often.

I think I do this to remind myself to be real often.

I am not a people person, so it's extremely easy to hide behind a computer screen, and write and express and talk. Doing this would totally be my choice of work...

because I don't have to see you face to face.

Sounds kinda' rude, I know, but unfortunately, there is truth in that for me. I wrestle with insecurity often, so if I have all of these "powerful-in-your-face" posts, it seriously is for me. God speaks through my writing, but before it can speak to you, it has to speak to me. How can I write about things that I really have no clue about? I don't have extra education, so what I write is God's message of the day for ME. As I've said before, you simply get to ride along and listen in.

Have you ever thought about how people would respond if they "really knew" who you were? Or what they would think if they "knew" those thoughts you were thinking? How many friends would you really have if everyone could totally see through the charades and masks you put on?

There is One...

He is the One who knows it all and STILL desires to be close to you, who still desires your companionship, and who still wants to pour out every good and perfect gift into your life.

Read Psalm 139.

God formed you and knew every day of your life before it even came to be. He knows every thought you have and knows every hair on your head. AND STILL!!! wants to be part of our life.

Another Natalie Grant song- The real me
(Grab the tissues)


3 comments:

morrow said...

This is a truly a comforting aspect about God. But you post made me think. If we all should be striving to be like God, or Christlike, should not we be doing the same for other people, excepting them as they are?

And even harder, taking that risk and really letting others get to know us?

But I am with you, thats hard for me taking that risk.

But I think that is what many are searching for real relationships.

The Rigelsky Family said...

I was blessed to hear her perform that live POWERFUL!!!!!!!

Beverlydru said...

It's not rude to not be a "people person". We're all made so differently... my husband is not naturally a "people person" but is becoming much more expressive in all things spiritual. But social settings.. naaah. I make up for both of us. : )
Also makes me think of my friend who's a night shift nurse. She quips "I like people just fine. I just happen to like them better when they're asleep!"

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...