April 8, 2009

For only one...

Luke 15:3-7
3Then Jesus told them this parable: 4"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' 7I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.


If I write for only ONE person, it's worth it.

If my honest recollections of my daily struggles offend all but ONE person, I'll write it.

If my life becomes an open book for only ONE person who needs to hear it, then I'll hold the door wide open.

If my posts affect only ONE hurting and lost person, who questions, "Why God?", and finds comforts in those same questions I also write, then I have done my job.


I find myself sometimes "competing", wanting a "super" blog post that everyone raves about. You know the ones where hundreds flock to their blog because they just have such a way with words. I've talked about this before, so I won't go into this much.

But I want to have a purpose in blogging. I want to have an impact on people as God asks me to share some pretty transparent and ugly stuff that lies within me. I mean, God could at least bring me an audience if He's going to ask me to share those things. He could at least make it worth while. :)



But God HAS brought an audience...

and once again this morning, He brought me to my knees...

I received an e-mail from a person I haven't heard from in quite awhile. Long story short, God directed her to my blog in spite of her own feelings. She read and read and read, and as she began to read, her heart softened and God began to speak to her.


He rekindled in her the flame that once was alive and burning for God.


He met her at the well, as she cried out to Him for mercy and grace and forgiveness.

He picked her up, embraced her, as she willingly came back into His kingdom and into His arms.

~It may seem as if your efforts, words, and actions are not making a difference, but people are watching and listening and waiting. People need people who have the "real thing", Jesus Christ.

You have an audience...Jesus Christ and whoever else He decides to send your way. There are people who may faithfully be reading your blog who may never comment, but are sucking up your every word and hope in the One you call Savior! There are people in your neighborhood or at your workplace who are waiting to see if you have the "real deal", waiting to see how you handle life when life gets hard. There are people watching your reactions in traffic simply because of your bumper sticker which proclaims the Good News on the rear bumper of your car. There are parents watching to see if your "rules" are different simply because you claim to follow Christ. There are people listening to the words that flow from your mouth. There are people observing your lifestyle to see if you live a life of character and integrity besides just on Sunday morning.

Get the picture? I say these things not to pour condemnation onto you or to drive you to a life of false "works". These are things that God is showing me and bringing to my heart, and you just get to ride along for the journey.

I'd rather be real and transparent to help that "one" person, than to be fake...and fool 100.

This is life, and we are called to "do" life with each other. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Being a Christian isn't an easy road to walk on...Oh...but it is soooooooo worth it in the end! Making that decision to follow Christ will cost you...but the rewards are eternal!

Please pray with me for my friend, let's call her "Mary", as she has chosen to follow Jesus again. Pray that she will be welcomed into a Bible teaching church with open arms, and that other Christians will surround her with love and acceptance! Also, please pray for her husband to make the same decision.

Let's rejoice with all of heaven because of her decision to follow Christ!


1 comment:

The Rigelsky Family said...

well, maybe im the "one" because i am every time convicted here. its funny too because its perfect timing i usually read these when they first come out and this time i didnt...instead i was making myself busy by checking comments and site statistics....so self centered am I.... i was even questioning my motives with the blog, etc...thanks for saying what you said. :)

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...