April 27, 2009

Calling and Purpose

God has a CALL and a PURPOSE for my life and for your life. There is a phrase that says, "Whom God calls, He equips," meaning that whatever He asks you to do, He will give you what you need to complete that task.

As I recall the things that have been spoken over and into my life, I often wonder if I "messed" up and lost out on the specific purposes God meant for me to do. At times like these, I go back to the following scripture.

Romans 11:29 NIV
for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable.

IRREVOCABLE according to Dictionary.com means: Impossible to retract or revoke: an irrevocable decision. Incapable of being recalled or revoked; unchangeable; irreversible; unalterable; as, an irrevocable promise or decree; irrevocable fate.

God knew all the days ordained for me (written in His book) before one of them came to be. (Psalm 139:16). God knew the times in which I would "divert" or detour from the "plan" for my life. He also knew when I would make the "big" choice to totally throw everything away because of a sinful lifestyle, and have the "rug" pulled out from under a ministry I was being trained into. God knew I would react in rebellion and pull away from that calling completely. God also knew I would leave that church and go to a new one. He knew as well that I would totally shy away from my calling again in my new church because of "fear of failing" Him again.

On Saturday night as I was preparing for church on Sunday, God gave me a verse:

2 Peter 1:10- "Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall"

Hmmm...that got me thinking...

Was it really NOT too late for God to resurrect that dream in my heart???

Was there still a chance that I didn't "blow" my opportunity years ago???

Could God still bring fruition to the calling on my life???

Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

According to this verse, I don't believe it's not too late. I don't think I "messed" things up so horribly that God can't still bring it to pass. I do, however, believe I will have to work for it. I also believe that I will have to fight spiritually for it as the enemy doesn't like it when God's kids get powerful in the Kingdom. But I also know that God has given me everything I need to succeed in this area. "Whom God calls, He also equips." Right???

Is there a dream in your heart you think you "messed" up?

Are you afraid you totally blew a "calling" in your life?

Ask God, your Papa God, if it's too late. Ask Him to speak life into that dream or to place a new purpose and calling into your life. Ask Him what your purpose is?

...and then put feet to it.

Ask God what steps you need to take to get there. See, God can give us dreams, but if we just stare at them and daydream about them, they may never come to pass. We have to walk towards them. We have to put action to our faith, even if it take one baby step at a time...

God places a path in front of us and directs our steps, but we are the ones that have to move. God leads, and we follow...


2 Peter 1:3-10 The Message

3-4Everything that goes into a life of pleasing God has been miraculously given to us by getting to know, personally and intimately, the One who invited us to God. The best invitation we ever received! We were also given absolutely terrific promises to pass on to you—your tickets to participation in the life of God after you turned your back on a world corrupted by lust.

5-9So don't lose a minute in building on what you've been given, complementing your basic faith with good character, spiritual understanding, alert discipline, passionate patience, reverent wonder, warm friendliness, and generous love, each dimension fitting into and developing the others. With these qualities active and growing in your lives, no grass will grow under your feet, no day will pass without its reward as you mature in your experience of our Master Jesus. Without these qualities you can't see what's right before you, oblivious that your old sinful life has been wiped off the books.

10-11So, friends, confirm God's invitation to you, his choice of you. Don't put it off; do it now. Do this, and you'll have your life on a firm footing, the streets paved and the way wide open into the eternal kingdom of our Master and Savior, Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Leaon Mary said...

Boy oh boy are we on the same page today!
I too have been studying my purposes and am "setting feet" to them.
WHAT AN AWESOME AWESOME POST.
I encourage you with ALL MY HEART.
May the Lord give you COURAGE, to jump outta that boat and live out everything He has for you.
Holykisses,
Lea

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...