but today, I needed to take the time to be thankful intentionally.
I visited Marsha who led me back to
Thankful Thursdays on Lynn's Website.
This past month has greeted me with unwanted depression, worry, fear, doubt, and major discontentment. I have found myself in spiritual turmoil that grips at my peace and joy. My body has been clothed with lack of energy, motivation, and pain. My mind and emotions have been on a very long, tiring, and winding roller coaster that I couldn't seem to get off of. Praise DEFEATS despair so today I am choosing to rejoice!
I am THANKFUL...
- For praying friends!
- For a God who NEVER leaves me!
- that weeping remains only for a season &
- that rejoicing comes with the morning!
- for new days!
- for sleep!
- For the Word of God which encourages me.
- for the comfort of the Holy Spirit.
- that my name is written in eternity!
- For healthy children.
- For paid bills.
- for a roof over my head.
- for clothes on my back.
- that God IS MY promise keeper &
- that He holds my life (and my heart) in His grip!
- that Jesus died for ME!
- for moments of Breakthrough!
- for the friend I have in Jesus!
- that GOD has ALREADY won the war!
- that my life is hidden in Christ!
- that nothing I do can separate me from the love of God!
- that I can cast my cares at the foot of the cross!
- that satan HAS TO give me back what he's stolen!!!
- that NOTHING is over until GOD SAYS SO!!!
- that circumstances DO NOT define the outcome!
- that God is for me, not against me!
- that when God speaks, He means what He says!
1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners, a]">[a]
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.
4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins
and restore the places long devastated;
they will renew the ruined cities
that have been devastated for generations.