April 23, 2010

Perfect strength!

It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect.

Psalm 18:32

---------------------------------------

Lately I find myself crying myself to sleep
My strength gets me through the day victoriously...
but as I lie my head on my pillow at night,
I lose it...

The tears fall...
My head spins...
The discouragement comes...
I feel alone...
I wonder...
I cry some more...
I feel rejected...
I feel second-class...
I feel unworthy.

In those moments,
I pray to the One who knows it all.
I cry out to the One who catches my tears.
I summon my Creator...
My King...
My Savior...
My Comforter...
& beg Him to come to my side.

"Abba Father, please
take this cup from me!

Please take this ache from my heart!
Please make it different!
Please take my thoughts!"

A big sigh escapes from my weary soul...

& suddenly I KNOW...

I know He's there...
next to me...
I KNOW He's holding my heart...
I can picture Him stroking my face.
He stops my mind from spinning...
He soothes my pain...
He stills my breathing...
still heavy from sobbing...

And I KNOW I'm o-kay.
I KNOW morning will bring
fresh manna of new strength!
I KNOW weeping remains
only for a night...
& rejoicing will come
with the morning!

Somehow...
I know I slept soundly...
because it's morning.
I can't recall my last thought,
but I remember His touch
and His voice...

"It's o-kay sweet daughter...
I'm here."


I am renewed.
I am strengthened.
I am refreshed.
I am ready for this new day.

I thank God for HIS strength!!!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

He is a manna God. Giving us enough for each day. Amen!

Karen Hossink said...

Ah, enough for each day. This is a repeated thing for me lately. Only I'm thinking about muffins rather than manna. (*grin* Stop by Monday and watch my devotion.)
The tears, and His gentle embrace. I'm knowing them, too, my friend. So thankful for His perfect strength!

Hugs,
Karen

MTJ said...

Hello Heaven,

After reading your post, I thought about what Paul said,

"...we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body." (2 Corinthians 4:8-10)

I thank God that He supplies what's needed to be victorious.

Bless you!

MTJ

Anonymous said...

Thanks for helping us all to remember how very close He really is.

Anonymous said...

"Beautiful" Heaven "Beautiful"! It's so "sweet to know Jesus.it's so "wonderful" how he comforts us through out tears and our fears.Love you Heaven and oh the new look is gorgeous! Have a wonderful weekend Heaven.
Pat

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

This reminds me how blessed we are to have our Father, our King, who loves us, who cares and who lends us His strength.

Carrie Cooper said...

Carrie @ comfortedbyGod.blogspot.com

Hi, Heaven!
This is my first visit to your blog--love your devotion to sharing the truth of the Bible! You have a beautiful ministry.

Keep up the good work!

prashant said...

Thanks for helping us all to remember how very close He really is.
home based data entry

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...