February 13, 2009

What to do....

You ever have one of those days where you could easily get tangled up in someone else's chains??? I'm having one of those weeks. Ugh!

There is nothing else that the enemy would like more than to wrap tons of people into one well crafted, woven web of offenses.

You know the kind...Someone totally offends your friend, who then tells you, which raises "how could they?" questions in you, which in turn, makes you want to go back to that person, and "chew" them out for offending your friend...

I have worked hard at not getting entangled in these kinds of messes. I used to do it quite often. I always felt I HAD to fix and restore things to the "right" state of peace. Ha! My involvement always made it worse! When it's my family or close friends that are affected, I tend to really want to jump in there, and have my dollar's worth of words.

I actually left two churches because of getting involved in other's offenses. Not the greatest thing to admit, but may as well be honest. I allowed myself to get so entangled in the web from my last church departure, that I smooshed God's plan for me to become a worship leader there.

So, I'm here again...am I going to go around the mountain AGAIN, or am I going to learn whatever it is that God wants to show me... I am hurt and I want to fix this and I want to make it all better...but I can't. I know this!!!

Yet, the question comes down to am I going to be loyal to God or to my family member? And I don't even think it's about loyalty, yet somewhere in my past, I was told that you ALWAYS are loyal to your family...

I really need prayer that I will NOT even touch this one, because it truly doesn't involve me, and that it will not affect my relationship because I chose not to batter up in "loyalty" for this one.

11 comments:

Greg C said...

I have trouble with this one too. But when you break it down it isn't as bad as it seems. In my opinion, for what that is worth, you need to look at the meaning of Loyalty. It goes right along with that Honor thy Father and Mother thing. Doing what makes them happy isn't always being loyal or showing them respect. Showing them that you put God first is always the right choice. Do what shows honor to God.

Oh and Happy Valentine's Day. God told me to wish you that. He loves you.

Tracy said...

As I read this I thought of myself, especially the 'dollars worth' part. I have and am learning that God is the best Defender for my problems and others'. Take your offenses and have your dollars worth out in prayer before the Lord. Lay your complaints at His feet and allow Him to take care of it. Prayer will change everything.
Learning that,"It's not my problem" has been the biggest challenge for me. I want to fix it, protect, be loyal, put others in their place and on and on. I was convinced that, that's what compassion would do. However, combining compassion with wisdom is very important. Lay your burdens down and seek God (until He answers you)to see if there be anything He would have you to do.
Prayerfully,
Tracy

Edie said...

I think you are wise to sit still and pray about it and for the other two. Be available to listen and don't take sides. And offer to pray for both (or all) parties concerned.

Happy Valentines Day to you Heaven.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how many times He will allow us to hit our head against the same wall until we get it? Wear your helmet, and keep your mouth shut. In all Christian love,lol.
Debbie

The Rigelsky Family said...

geesh hope i didnt do anything wrong :)

My ADHD Me said...

You are preaching to the choir.
However, because I am the choir, I am going to give my 2 cents worth.

1. If you continually bail out people, they will never learn to do it for themselves.

2. Getting in the middle almost ALWAYS ends up putting you right there..IN THE MIDDLE.

3. Many of us (myself included) are outstanding friends that will drop everything to help out someone in need. Could that be due to something deep inside that since we know we cannot fix our own problems, or we choose to ignore our own problems, that it is much easier to concentrate on someone else? hhmm something to thing about.

4. Last of all, You are a great person to want to help out family and friends. But do you know what? Not even you and I together can do that...I know I've tried. it just doesn't work.

:)

B His Girl said...

See my current post Heaven. I already prayed about this. Now I need to add your name to the prayer. I knew it was for someone. Please God in your wordless state...He is working behind the scenes with others. He wants to take you higher on the mountain, not just go around it. The scenery is great up there. B

Heaven said...

Thank you all for the wonderful words of wisdom. Each one spoke mountains to me!

B His Girl said...

Hey Heaven,

I think sometimes we fear what God is going to do when we climb up to get a closer view. Sometimes God shows me something and I just look at it instead of reach for it. I am trying to face those challenges instead of shrinking back. Today I took a small step toward something that most people would be going WOW about. Only God gets me out of my box. I walk slowly in new things. You are taking a new step telling Satan, I'm not falling for that one again. You are using wisdom. I am proud of you for recognizing the pattern. Do not be conformed to the patterns of this world but be transformed....You CAN do all things through Christ who strengthens you. You can do this. B

Kelly said...

At least you have the widsom to hold back & look this time. Keep looking. You can't "fix" anything. Only God can. Pray for BOTH people, and let him handle it. Or, tell them to go see the Pastor and let him mediate it. :-) He gets paid for it. *smile*

Susan said...

There is NO question that this is HARD. Really hard. But one thing I have learned is that usually the "other person" or "people" are grown adults and it is not up to me to make decisions for them or tell them how they should respond to a situation. Praying for you as you exercise self-control and hold back. Hugs.

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...