February 26, 2009

Random

At 9:00 a.m. yesterday, I had to shut my computer down and turn my power strip OFF...

It was hard...especially because I had just written such an awesome blog post...and I needed to check throughout the day to see who visited me and who commented to say "good job, Heaven!" I also posted it on my Facebook account, so I had to see if anyone commented there too!

...Can you tell where I'm going so soon????

If you have caught on already, then you have either been with me for awhile or else, you have gone through the same scenario, only to have God ask you to step into your own size shoes and get out of His glory.

P-R-I-D-E......

How can a 5-letter word cause soooooooooo many issues? And how in the world does it "sneak" right in there so quickly?

About the time, I think I am as humble as I possibly can be, God shows me another area of my life where pride has been hiding or where it's reared its ugly head again. Ugh!

1 Chronicles 16:29
29 ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name.
Bring an offering and come before him;
worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness.

The glory belongs to God, not just sometimes, but ALL the time! He deserves all the praise and glory and honor.

Lord, I give this blog back to you! Use it for your purposes...If you want me to shut it down Lord, say the word. If you want me to keep blogging, then please show me the balance between celebrating successes vs. stealing Your glory. And Discipline Lord!!! I tend to get wrapped too tightly in this computer sometimes, and I need to learn how to balance life.

You have shown me that my main ministry has to be in this home with these boys! Show me how to love them the way that they need loved at this stage in their life. I will not allow myself to exit reality through blogging or reading other's blogs, but please Father, I need creative ideas to connect with Zach and Dylan.

~Heavenly Father, I thank you for your holiness. I thank you for all that you give us. I thank you for the changes you make in us. I thank you that you put up with us, even when it seems as if we are constantly doing those things that we don't want to do! You are holy and just, but you are also merciful and full of grace.

Once again, I bring before you my pride and my self-centeredness. I want to get it "right", and never have to deal with sin, yet you are the only One who is perfection...

Thank you for loving me enough not to leave me the way I am...Thank you also, Lord, that you love my children enough, to change their mommy!

Keep me teachable, and keep humbling me, so that I can be more like Christ Jesus. Thank you for searching my heart, and for pointing out those things and attitudes that do not line up with the Word of God.

In Jesus' name, Amen~

Please don't be offended if I don't visit your blog or comment as much as I used to. I really have to minimize my time on this computer for a little while. I have a child who needs more mommy time right now, which requires mommy to need more Daddy God time, because mommy has to make some much needed changes in herself in order to see change in her babies!



6 comments:

Luanne said...

YOu go, girl! You don't need to apologize--just do what God calls you to do. Your priorities are right on. I will be praying for that connection with the boys.

RefreshMom said...

I could have written that same prayer. It's not easy to find the balance in it all, is it? Just recognizing your need is a good step in the right direction though.

And He will definitely bless your efforts!

The Rigelsky Family said...

I need to do the same!!! I look for comments I look for praise, Im sad when it doesnt come. However, God has gifted you with a writing ability that is from Him so find the balance girl, dont give it up dont let the enemy steal it from you and God. Its okay to know that you are gifted in somethings so long as you know that gifting is not from you, its okay Heaven to feel good about something as long as it doesnt become an idol. Way to recognize. I too need to get off the computer sometimes. ...as for creative things to do...God will give you that too...color, read, laugh, dance, spike up their hair and take pics...anything simple is probably the best!!!! even them seeing you off the computer and knowing they are more important is great!! love you and your heart!

Kelly said...

Been there - done that! Yes, we all do it. It is the need for approval (at least when I do it). Shouldn't God's approval be enough? YES. But sometimes we don't let it be. *sigh* We're all a work in progress. Keep working & I will too.

Edie said...

Kelly really said it. Do whatever God tells you to do. I need to go talk to Him myself.

Meredith said...

:) that's all--just :) and an extra big :)

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...