April 5, 2010

Ever feel like your life is a broken record?

Ever ask "Why can't I get it together?"

Ever wonder why you keep struggling?

Are you on a roller coaster of emotions...

up and down...

up and down...

'round and 'round?

Do you feel dizzy and want off this ride?

Me too!

I look back in my blog posts, and I see the array of emotions- up and down, up and down- and I wonder if I really am getting anywhere?!?! I'm on top of the mountain, then I'm in the valley, then I'm on level ground, then I'm sinking, then I'm soaring with the eagles... Ah, is this just life or am I truly not "getting it"?

Then I wonder why I feel like a failure when I'm not doing so great. I wonder why I feel like "superwoman" when I'm doing great. I wonder why I feel like I am disappointing others when I can't seem to "get it together". I wonder how I could ever get so low when I am on top of the world.

Feelings...

They "mess" us up...

They are fleeting...

Yet they are part of life...

The good...

The bad...

The highs...

The lows...

BUT...

They can fail us...

They can lead us in the wrong direction...

They can take us off course...

IF we let them.

We can't let them lead the way...

Or we can end up on a cliff...

with no safeguard.

Although feelings "feel" like truth,

They aren't the Truth!!!

I can THINK in my mind...

I can FEEL with my heart...

BUT...

I KNOW in my soul, in my Spirit.

That is where Truth reigns...

Because THAT is where...

the Spirit of God IN me reigns!

Despite where my thoughts or my feelings take me, I need to be led by the "knowing"in my soul (the Spirit of God within me/The Holy Spirit). Whatever my feelings or thoughts dictate to me, I have to go back to "What is Truth?", which is what the Bible says, which is what GOD says!

Truth isn't found in a horoscope...

or in people...

or in my mind...

or even in my heart...

BUT in the infallible Word of God, the Bible!

I started out this blog with questions that I face everyday. They are my thoughts, my emotions, my feelings, my ponderings...and although I may FEEL or THINK that, I HAVE to go back to..."This may be what I am feeling, BUT WHAT IS THE TRUTH???"

Many times, when I feel like this, I keep isolated, I withdraw, I stop doing whatever ministry I was doing, I quit encouraging...and THAT is exactly what satan wants me to do. If he can keep us thinking or feeling these thoughts, we become immobilized. Why? We believe the lies that we are 'failures'. We believe we aren't worthy enough to do anything of importance. We believe if we can't 'get our lives together', how could we possibly help someone else. We believe all of these stupid, stupid, STUPID LIES that although IN OUR MIND, appear to be truth, do NOT line up with the Word of God!!!

TRUTH SAYS...

  • I am an heir to God's throne! (Romans 8:17, Galations 4:7)
  • I am accepted. (Romans 15:7)
  • I am chosen. (Ephesians 1:11, Colossians 3:12, 1 Thessalonians 1:4, 1 Peter 2:9)
  • I am His Beloved. (Song of Solomon)
  • My life is NOT a mistake. (Psalm 139)
  • Neither is my journey. (Psalm 139:16)
  • I am making a difference.
  • I am loved. (Psalm 100:5, Psalm 117:2, Romans 8:38-39, 1 John 3:1, John 3:16, 1 John 3:16)
  • I am forgiven.
  • Circumstances do NOT define the outcome; GOD DOES.



Isaiah 40:4 Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain.

No comments:

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...