April 9, 2010

Let go & press on...

Have you ever held onto something
so tightly that it intertwined with
your identity causing you to lose
who you are???



God gives us promises
because that's who HE is.

He plants His desires
into our hearts.

But when things don't happen
(as we think they should),
then we think God let us down
or really didn't mean what He said.

Numbers 23:19
God is NOT a man that He should lie!

That's NOT the character of God...
to lie, that is...
or "play" with our emotions...
or "tease" us.

He means what He says...
ALL the time,
BUT...we assume that
because He says it...
that we should get it RIGHT now!
Because that's the fickle humans that we are.

I've gotten caught up in that
which has led to despair...
which has led to depression...
which has led to hopelessness...
Silly impatient girl!

So...

...last night, I had a really long, tear-filled talk with God, and told Him how weary I am. Hanging onto the dream is simply too much. It consumes me, and I let the absence of results dictate who I am. Obviously, because it hasn't happened yet, it must mean I'm not good enough. Not pretty enough. Not this. Not that.

You know what? I'm a child of the Most High King! I am God's little princess! I am His Beloved! I am God's blessing person! He entrusted me to live the life I am living! He's planted giftings and callings into my life because He wants to use ME! God CHOSE me!

AND GOD HAS CHOSEN YOU!!!
HIS PRECIOUS DAUGHTER OR SON!
HE SEES ALL YOUR FLAWS...
HE SEES YOUR HEART...
HE SEES YOUR DOUBT...
YOUR UNBELIEF...
YOUR DESIRES...

AND HE STILL CHOSE YOU!!!

HE STILL LOVES YOU!!!

HE STILL DESIRES YOU!!!


The absence of an unfulfilled dream doesn't mean you're not good enough. It simply means it's not time. That's where trust and faith come in! Trust that the God of the Universe, The Creator, has YOUR life's blueprints in the palm of His hand, and because He knows EVERY detail, He also knows the very timing of it. So quit hanging on so tightly. Quit believing the lies that the enemy is trying to throw at you regarding WHO you are or ARE NOT!

WHO YOU ARE...
(Your identity)
ONLY lies in Jesus Christ!!!


~Daddy, I don't understand, but I don't have to. I don't know the why's, and I agree today, that it's ok. I put my trust in You once again, because I know You love me, have a plan for me, and it definitely isn't to "play" with my emotions or cause harm to me. You spoke and said it would be. I know I heard Your voice. I've held onto this too tightly, and I have to give it back to You (again!). If it never comes to pass, then I trust You. Change me, mold me, and make me into who You want me to be...otherwise, I'm simply me. I can't create the person I am meant to be, only You can. I don't want to be a carbon copy of who I (or others) think I should be, but an authentic version of who You've made me. I thank You that You have done just that... Thank You that my life is hidden in Christ Jesus and that I have eternal life. I let go of my desires & dreams to hold onto Your hope and Your peace. Lead the way, Lord...for where You lead, I will follow... Thank You for truth, for Your love. I love You Daddy! You are my strength...

In Jesus' name, Amen~



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, thank you. I hate who I am/what I am because my reality is I'm never enough for those I love and share my life with. I'm learning (slowly, though) that I'm me. I cannot be anyone else. I've tried for so many years to measure up and it still isn't enough. I'm just me and that has to be enough for me (and everyone else) because it is enough for God.
Thanks for your words. I thank God for the day I ran across your blog (believe it or not, it was over the april rose scam)for it has encouraged me over and over. Thank you very much.

MTJ said...

Hello Heaven,

I am humbled by your faith and prayer.

Sending blessing to you along with my prayers.

My Thought-filled Journey

Karen Hossink said...

Yes. YES. YES!
It's hard for me to admit, but sometimes I feel like God is giving me second-best. I think MY dream or MY hope or MY plan is best. And when He doesn't bring it about, I am tempted to think I need to 'settle' for His way.
But that just isn't true.
God's ways are best. All of them!
So we let go.
And we trust Him.
And we press on.

Love you!!!

Deborah Ann said...

Whoa! I stopped in today to visit your blog...your prayer blows me away! Thank you so much for the encouragement!

Come see me at Heavenly Humor sometime!

LisaShaw said...

Powerful sharing Heaven! I appreciate that you are sharing your heart in the LORD in such a beautiful way. Love and blessings as you continue to trust in HIM and draw deeper still in Him.

Hayley Kathryn said...

Thank you for the reminder that He chose each and every one of us! What beautiful words of prayer. Thank you for your encouragement today.

Sending prayers your way-

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...