January 5, 2009

Resting...




At the cross I found...

Redemption & Grace...

...my past erased...

...Jesus whispering my name...

He took away my shame...

I want to touch you!


This is a drawing I did in February of 2003. It was a time when
life really was not good, yet I
chose to run to the cross and
lean on my Savior.


I was going to do a post to go along with my January 1st post, but today, I just want to reflect on Jesus.

I want to lie my head on Him and rest. I want to go back and touch Him. I want to relax in His arms and listen to the sound of His heart beating my name. I want to hear Him tell me that I am a beautiful princess and that He loves me just the way I am...flawed and all...knowing I will sin again tomorrow. I want to see His eyes as He adores me. Tonight, I just want to meet with the Lover of my soul...


(Maybe this does fit in with my January 1st post)

~In His arms



2 comments:

Kelly said...

What that is amazing. Isn't it neat to look back at our journey and see where we've come...with Jesus.

betty said...

that is a great picture you drew; a good visual reminder of Jesus and what he did for us

I liked your reflections about Jesus; that was awesome to read; I took want to rest with him; sometimes when I'm going through a really stressful time I imagine him lovingly carrying me like a lamb over his shoulders; it helps me to remember he is always there for me

enjoy the day

betty

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...