June 10, 2009

Refuge...

Ever have one of those days where
it seems as if the world is a merri-go-round,
spinning quickly, and you are losing your grip?

Nothing major happens, yet the smallest thing
unravels your emotions...

You struggle to stand on the Rock
as the waves come crashing against you...

Distractions bring fog and roadblocks
blinding the path in front of you.

You feel as if you are grasping to
thin air as you struggle to grip the truth.

Aww...this is the thing we call life...

And these are the times when we have
to CHOOSE to focus, focus, focus!!!

I want to stop running and quit the race...
I want to lie down and not fight...
I want to turn around and go far away...

YET...

God still has a plan!
God still has a purpose!
God is purpose!
God gives strength!
God holds me up when I can't stand!
God hides me in the shadow of His wings!
God is my refuge and fortress!

God knows and feels and loves
me to my feet again!

I looked up this evening and saw the sky...
the one that changes colors in a second's glance...
the one that never falls down on me...
the one that goes from light to dark daily...
the one that God created...

And I was reminded to FOCUS...
and to REST...
and to BREATHE...
and ENJOY the portrait of the sky
that He paints for me...
EVERYDAY...

As I took these pictures, God whispered that just as I don't have to worry about the sky falling down on me, neither do I have to worry about God letting me fall...

He holds the sky in place...
just as He holds my heart in place...

__________________________________

Psalm 17:8
Keep me as the apple of your eye;
hide me in the shadow of your wings



2 Samuel 22:3
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior—
from violent men you save me.



Psalm 9:9
The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed,
a stronghold in times of trouble.


Psalm 18:2
The LORD is my rock, my fortress
and my deliverer; my God is my rock,
in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the
horn of my salvation, my stronghold.



Psalm 18:30
As for God, his way is perfect;
the word of the LORD is flawless.
He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.



Psalm 31:2
Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue;
be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.

Psalm 31:19
How great is your goodness,
which you have stored up for those
who fear you, which you bestow
in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you.


Psalm 34:8
Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.


Psalm 36:7
How priceless is your unfailing love!
Both high and low among men find
refuge in the shadow of your wings.

Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.







3 comments:

My ADHD Me said...

It's amazing that even those of us that lack the focusing gene, CAN accomplish it, if we just sit quietly for just a few moments and let God take over!

christy rose said...

Heaven these pictures were great to go along with your post.

Karen Hossink said...

Yes. I have had days like that.
So glad God speaks in the midst of it!

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...