March 30, 2009

Why?

Why do you blog?

"Well, I want to share my story, encourage others, and be used by God?"

That's great! Why do you really blog?


It feels good when you know your posts mean something to someone else besides just you. It gives a sense of acknowledgment and acceptance that I haven't found in too many other places. Being a natural born listener, this is a place where I can blab on forever without being interrupted and my thoughts are heard.

I'm a "words of affirmation" girl, for those of you familiar with "Love languages". That's why I love to blog! I love to speak encouragement to others and to speak life-changing destiny words into the lives of hurting people. I just love it!!!

I love getting comments! I love people saying, "You made a difference in my life!" It makes me feel so good and worthy and precious and needed... oops!

Yep, going there again! For those of you who are "words of affirmation" bloggers, do you find yourself constantly getting caught up in numbers and hits on your blog and needing to hear people say, "Great post" and really mean it?

When I first named this blog, I named it heaven's journey for one simple reason. My name is Heaven and this is my journey. I really felt that is what I was supposed to name it. My purpose?

To simply write... and if other's came along for the ride, then awesome. If they chose not to, then awesome. My goal was to simply write and have my Heavenly Father say in the end, "Well done my good and faithful servant!"

"If I get many comments, then I posted some really great thoughts. If I get very few comments, then surely something is wrong. I definitely need to spice up my blog or come up with some extremely creative ideas to draw people to my blog"

Um...since when is that "simply writing"???

What happened to simply writing for an audience of One? The One! What happened to "I am going to write and blog because it draws me nearer to The One who planted that desire to write within me".

I'm getting back to the "heart of blogging", where it's all about You, all about You Jesus. Forgive me Lord for the thing I've made it, when it's all about You, all about You Jesus!

I don't have much time to check out other people's blogs like I used to. You know what? Other people don't have much time either because God is drawing everyone back to the well, and back to the heart of worship where He's patiently been waiting for us to return...

If I write for only Jesus.... is that good enough?

If He is my only visitor for the day, is that o-kay?

If His comment is the only one that is left, will I cherish it and let His words be more than enough?

Am I willing to come back to the "heart of blogging?" The heart of heaven's journey...to simply write...to get closer to Jesus...and stay there?

5 comments:

The Rigelsky Family said...

im not commenting because i dont want to fuel your flesh...:) ha

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

Awesome post...I agree completely and have really been convicted about this over the last few months. When I first started, I too wanted the chance to say what I wanted to say without any interruption, and frankly did not have much success or interest. It was not until I stopped putting ME first and started writing what GOD wanted me to write that I saw true impact on others, which is as it should be. Have a blessed day!

P.S. How do you make different size fonts and colors? I can't figure it out!

morrow said...

I think it is easy to get caught up in seeing who comments and what they are, but to me writing is a process that is important to me and to who I am, so I TRY not to wonder who is reading.

good for you in getting back to your purpose for why you write for Jesus. :-)

Tracy said...

I had the same question... How do you make different size fonts and colors.
I am a words of encouragement person too!
Blogging for Jesus! God bless you heaven.
Tracy

Kelly said...

My comments are WAY down too. I think it is Spring Fever...but I think coming back to the heart of worship is great. (I love that song, even with your lyric change!)

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...