March 18, 2009


It's amazing how we allow ourselves to believe the lies of the enemy and before long, we have found ourselves in a hand-crafted pit. Ugh!

Praise God that He is not surprised by our slithering into the pits we have created for ourselves, and that He kneels near with an outreached arm to pull us out. Just because we find ourselves in despair, fear, doubt, anger, or depression, does not give us the right to stay there, and it definitely does not give the enemy a right to keep us there.

If you have accepted Jesus as your personal Savior, you are God's. You are sealed with the ownership stamp of Jesus Christ, and therefore, your name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life. When you are God's, you are covered in the blood of Jesus, and therefore, you don't have to stay in life's "pits", even when you crawled in yourself.

Psalm 40:1-2
I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and the mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.

Most everyone has the "pit" story that God first found them in. But what about the daily "pits" before our feet and around us that we don't recognize as such? Self-pity, "I'm the victim", depression, pride, "What about me?", worry, anxiety, self-mutilation, addictions, bitterness, unforgiveness, fear, doubt, poor self-esteem, etc.

Any light bulbs coming on?

No matter what the size the hole is, a pit is a pit, and we don't have to stay in them. Sometimes, it's as simple as choosing to crawl out. Other times, it requires prayer and deliverance, and the breaking of strongholds. There is NO pit too deep for God. He will pull you out of the slimiest mess if you are willing to grab His hand.

Either way, God is there waiting for you to reach up and grasp Him with everything you have. God's strength is perfect in our weakness, and He has the power to loose the thickest chains on a person. Don't let the enemy lie to you and tell you that you deserve what you have or that you have dug yourself such a deep pit that you can never get out!

God restores! God heals! God loves! God gives second chances...& third...& fourth...

Over the past few days, I found myself slipping into a pit of despair and hopelessness over a situation in my life. I am not staying there. I am a child of God, and I don't have to rot in the swarming lies of the enemy.

I stand once again this morning with my armor on, showered in the grace and forgiveness of God, dressed in the robes of righteousness that Jesus has given me, and ready (once again) to walk forward into the destiny God has called for my life.

~Heavenly Father, Daddy God, I thank you for opening my eyes to the pit I slipped into. I thank you that I don't have to stay in it. I thank you for reaching your arm out to me as I desperately cried from the pit. Lord, you know the situation in my life that seems out-of-control , and Father, I give it to you once again. I trust in your working and active power in my life, and I thank you that you are a husband to the husbandless, a father to the fatherless, and my Provider. I thank you that you filter everything through your fingers before you even allow it to reach the air that I breathe. I trust in your plan for my life. I choose to release these things, once again, to you, and ask for forgiveness for thinking I could handle them by myself.

Lord, I found that a few of the circumstances I listed above, such as the low self-esteem and worry, apply to my life. I pray that you would break the power of those things in my life in the name of Jesus. I pray that you would saturate those things in the blood of Jesus Christ, and that you would not allow them to take root in my life. If they have already rooted, I pray that you would break them at the root and remove them. Holy Spirit, I pray that you would dwell in those places once filled with worry and low self-esteem, and that you would bring truth to my life and to my heart. I pray protection over my family, friends, and even my bloggy friends, as they would choose to be free from the things holding them back. Thank you for continuing to prune us, love us, and mold us into the image of Jesus Christ. I commit my day to you, O Lord, and thank you for freedom! In Jesus' name, Amen~

10 comments:

Amy said...

What an awesome, awesome message girl! I should print it and put it in my bible. Thank you, I needed that! I am in the hole myself!! :)

Susan said...

Beautiful! Just Beautiful...God himself wants to pull us right out of the pit.

Hugs,

susan

B His Girl said...

I heard Beth Moore talking on TV about the Pit. She looked straight into the camera and said " Get out of that Pit!" B

Edie said...

I was wondering as I read this if you were doing Beth Moore's study "Get Out of the Pit."

It seems we as women tend to be easy prey in this area. We need to learn to stay focused on Christ, take every thought captive, and encourage each other frequently.

Tracy said...

"He pulled me out of the miry clay and set me feet upon a solid rock!"

Tracy said...

That's what He did for me!

Debbie Giese said...

The LORD makes firm the steps of those who delight in Him. Though they may stumble, you will not fall, for the LORD holds them in His hand. Psalm 37:24.

You delight yourself in the LORD, Heaven, I know you do. He knows you do. You might be stumbling, but you will not fall. Notice the "LORD": it is for Yahweh, Jehovah, our ultimate. He will not let you fall. You are His. Praying for your pit, but you know once He pulls you out you will have that much more to praise Him for. Take care, sister.

Karen Hossink said...

God's grace and power and patience take us through so much. Every time we fall into a pit - even when we jump into one! - He will pull us out. How thankful I am for that!
Praying for you today.
Love,
Karen

Sharon said...

This is a beautiful message you shared today. God is always ready to pull you back out of that pit.

Psalm 86:13
For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.

Love ya,
Sharon

My ADHD Me said...

I see I'm not the first one to comment about the book, Get Out Of That Pit by Beth Moore. I may have even suggested it before.

it is definitely a worthwhile and helpful book.

God Bless You.

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...