March 13, 2009

Loving people...

Loving others right where they are at has always been hard for me. There's something in me that says, "Hey, I can fix this! Just do xyz and then you'll have it all together."

Anyone there with me?

It is hard to comprehend God's unfailing and uncompromisable love for me because I tend to love with conditions. There is NOTHING we can do to make God love us any more or any less than what He does right now. We are safe and secure in His love. He won't take it away because we sin or rebel. He won't even stop loving us if we tell Him we hate Him.

I have a tendency to be pretty transparent about my life, so if no one else really is willing to admit some of the things I talk about here, I'm sure I'll have enough for all of us:)

Step out of your "Christianity" box with me for a moment while I explore this.

Ouch, how can someone EVER say they hate God! Do they have any clue who God is? Don't they realize that God will strike them to the ground with multiple lightning bolts? Even to say, "God, I am sooooooo angry with you" would just not be "appropriate" because God's vengeance would be unspeakably horrific...

I told God I hated Him once...

...and I even knew God...

...and I survived to tell the story.

To make a long story short, my family life was not very good. I was living my life how I wanted to, doing things that I wanted to do without any regards for consequences. I drifted away from my relationship with God, and when


No comments:

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...