March 3, 2009

Pruning...

"Pruning" hurts...

I love where God is taking me, but...




that means I have to leave some things behind.


The extra "luggage" I'm carrying is weighing me down! Do you have some luggage that you could do without? I can think in more literal terms, and say, "Yes, I have some pounds that need to go", (Quite a few actually)...

But I believe God is telling His people that there are some spiritual "pounds" that need to go. Things that weigh us down and that get in
the way of fulfilling our God-given destinies.



Most of us are trying to step up higher to the level God is calling us to, yet we are failing because we refuse to let go of some of the baggage we carry with us, and the weight prevents us from climbing...

I have let go TONS of stuff in my life: abuse issues, both physical and sexual; abandonment issues; having an alcoholic dad...you know, all the "big" stuff. But what about the "little" stuff that tends to suffocate us when it builds up...the stuff we don't see until God shows up and shines His light on our reflection.




Ugh! Pride...bad attitudes...being "short" with family members...refusing to forgive...taking up someone else's offense...being impatient...controlling...judgmental ...Justifying our actions and attitudes, "Well, God made me this way, so get over it!"... Favoring one child over the other... not offering grace because you're having a bad day ... victim mentalities, "It's not fair! Why is everyone always pointing out my sins?" - "Why are they getting blessed and I'm not!" - "What about me?" ... Seeking acceptance from anything or anyone other than God for the purpose of building your self-esteem... escaping reality through television or computer or something else... giving the "silent treatment"...

O-kay, this list could go on and on, but I am hoping by now that you get my point. If not, then you are not listening to the voice inside you showing you the areas of your life that needs some "tweaking". God doesn't show us these things to shame us or condemn us. He loves us too much to leave us where He found us.

But He does have an awesome plan and future for our lives, and He's calling us to rise above all the "junk" of this world, and become the men and women of God He's called us to be.

That means we have to leave some things behind...




and sometimes even people...


6 comments:

The Rigelsky Family said...

agreed.

The Rigelsky Family said...

Hey Hev-where do you think you know him from--ask me I can probably answer your question. She is amazing...makes my work look like poopoo!!! Ha...I cant help changing my blog name..this one will stick though!! I actually took all of the pics on my blog though..they havent been edited yet because I am a rookie in editing and dont want to mess it up...thanks :)

Anonymous said...

This was so awesome Heaven...Loved it! I was "word limited", so had to skim on how I wrote this lol --> BUT as the story goes....

He has been watching her, His heart wretched, but yet "knowing"... watching her as the waves are being pushed ever higher by the intense winds wanting to overtake her, her legs, arms weakened from tredding to stay above, her mind wondering if the waves will ever stop or eventually consume...He yearns for her eyes to turn from the sting of the frigid air that clouds her eyes and gaze into His eyes of strength and love and see His smile of grace that He ever lavishes upon her. Watching the waves roll, each one seemingly larger, she wonders which one will take her under, a part of her desires to stop tredding and to give in to the waves of the vast sea, her arms, legs, mind feels so weak to even want to stay above, so down for the count once again, she looks up and there she sees a hand reaching for her to grasp, a hand that was always there..Her eyes meet His, a smile comes to her face as she whispers Papa...with tear filled eyes of love He smiles as He gently pulls her up and He places her face aganst His heartbeat of love, Always "knowing"....Luv2U -Lori =)

Amy said...

Very good and truth filled post!!! and when we are being stripped of bad stuff, it stinks but in the end, will be good for us!

Beverlydru said...

Hi Heaven. Your name makes me smile. I just got caught up with reading your blog. That's an amazing letter you wrote to yourself. You have a poerful testimony of restoration and redemption! I love reading those letters. I may have to try that.

Karen Hossink said...

Oh, I know that of which you speak!!!
It was actually one of those moments of God revealing my "refined" sin - you know the ones you don't think are so bad, like I'm not a murderer or a thief! - that lead to this whole "Irritable Mother" thing. I was reading a book which listed the things we are to "put off" and there it was - irritablity and impatience. I thought, C'mon, God! I'm a Mom! I have an excuse!!!
And that's when He began leading me on this journey of understanding that He is using my children and my struggles as a mother to make me into the woman He wants me to be.
Yes. The pruning hurts. But I want to be beautiful!

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...