March 26, 2010

Sometimes...BUT...then

Sometimes I cry.
Sometimes I get weak.
Sometimes I feel broken.
Sometimes I sob.
Sometimes I sleep.
Sometimes I want to give up.
Sometimes I can't breathe.
Sometimes the pain is too intense.
Sometimes I seem stronger than what I am.

BUT...

those are the times
Jesus holds my heart

those are the times
Jesus renews my strength

those are the times
I crawl up on Jesus' lap

those are the times
I lay my burdens down at Jesus' feet.

THEN...

He gives me strength for one more day!
He fills my heart up once again!
He reassures me of His love & acceptance!
He enables me to pick my sword up & fight!
He breathes His Spirit into me!
He tells me great & unsearchable things!
He renews my faith!
He pulls me to my feet!
He gives me more hope & love to give away!

SO THAT...

I can hold my sword up high...
and fight the good fight!
I can smile and encourage others again!
I can stand firm in His promises!
I can be a testimony of His faithfulness!

That is why I get up every morning and stand for those things that look impossible to others (sometimes even myself!). That is why I keep writing and encouraging others to press on! That is why I press on...so that YOU will press on!

I press on because I KNOW God is a
Promise Keeper!!! The Bible says so!

I press on because I WANT the prize
He has promised me!

I press on because I don't EVER WANT
to go back to living without Him!

Praying that you will continue to press on when you feel weary from the battle.

~Jesus, you know the pain and weariness of the battle we face daily. You know what it's like to be tempted by the enemy to give up. When you were praying by yourself, the devil tried to take your eyes off the goal by promising you things if only You would turn to him. Yet, You totally relied on Your Father to provide for all of Your needs! Teach us, even in our weariness, to declare: "It is written_______" when the enemy tries to get us to quit doing what it is YOU have called us to do! Thank you that YOUR strength becomes perfect in our weakness! Thank You that with YOU, ALL things are possible! Thank You that You go before us, walk beside us, and are our rear guard in every circumstance we encounter! Thank You that weeping remains for a only a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning!!! In Jesus' precious name, Amen~

1 comment:

Trees said...

What lovely inspiring poem, thanks for posting it and your wonderful thoughts.

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...