March 19, 2010

I QUIT!!!

I QUIT!

I'M FINISHED!

I'M DONE!

DON'T HAVE THE ENERGY!

CAN'T GO ON LIKE THIS!

I'M D-O-N-E, DONE!!!

Ever feel like that?

Ever want to throw in the towel?

Ever get tired of trying to do
good only to mess up more?

Ever feel like you can "do and do and do"...
yet get NOwhere, NOwhere, NOwhere?

I am SOOOOOOOOO there!
Right now, as I type!
I'm throwing in the towel!
Done! Done! Done!

No matter how hard I TRY...
I JUST CAN'T DO IT ANYMORE!

I'm tired of the lies!
I'm tired of the games!
I'm tired of the competitions!
I'm tired of not "being good enough!"
I'm tired of "trying" to be the person
I THINK I should be!!!
I'm tired of trying to please everyone!
I'm tired of "doing" what I FEEL
needs to be done & failing miserably!

Now, before you jump either off my blog, or to the comment box to shout encouragement to me, let me share something with you.

Last night, I cried and wailed to God about a situation in my life. I got angry. I got quiet. I cried. I yelled. I got sad. I cried some more. I went to bed snuggled in the arms of Jesus.

When I woke up this morning, I thought of my situation from last night. Sadness instantly filled my soul, as well as anger at God. I told him again my thoughts on the situation, and finally, in sheer frustration, I told Him...


"I'm done! I can't do this anymore! It's too hard, too painful, and I keep messing up things worse! No matter how hard I try, I can't keep my mouth closed, and my heart hurts way too much to go on!"

Then...the most amazing thing happened!
I could almost sense the tension leaving my body as (I believe) He reached out to hold my heart. If I could hear God audibly (which I don't), but if I could, I would have heard Him gently whispering this to me in that moment...


"Finally...I can work now..."

There are times that we hang onto things too tightly, and we "work" ourselves into the situation or promise God has given us...instead of letting GOD work the situation into our lives. When we do that, it is tiring! We usually mess things up worse! We try and try and try to make the puzzle pieces fit because we KNOW that's how it's supposed to be, BUT until GOD gives you the RIGHT puzzle piece.....

...You will fail...
...You will tire...
...You will grow weary...
...You will ultimately "give up" the dream...
...INSTEAD of giving up your efforts
to make the dream happen!

When you allow GOD to work the dream into YOUR life...it just comes...at the right time! God shows up at your doorstep with a beautifully wrapped present in His arms, and says..."Child, this is for you!" AND you KNOW it was SO WORTH the wait!

The people I am writing for today need to know this:


God wants YOU to learn to REST in His promises AND REST in His arms! If God has said it, He will fulfill it, BUT this is the TIME for Him to work in YOUR life so you are ready to open that gift when He shows up with it! So get your eyes off the circumstances, your hands off the situation, and get your focus back on Jesus...He has many gifts of love & revelation for you that need to be opened before He hands you the one you think you NEED NOW!

Quit striving to do this your way...

Let God do it HIS way...



5 comments:

The Rigelsky Family said...

That's awesome Heav!!!!

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you don't live in my skin??? Sometimes I think I must be the only one in the whole wide world who feels the way I do.

God is just stripping away the closeness of my relationships and just keeps whispering that He is all I really need. I am trying to learn. Believe me. I am trying. But it is so very, very painful.
Thanks again for your words.

Kelly said...

Been there! I'm doing a Bible study now, and last week the speaker said "Jesus works when our lives are unmanagable, because when they are managable - WE manage them." Only when we can't do we allow Jesus who CAN.

Great words.

Heaven said...

Dear anonymous~

I, too, am being stripped of relationships. It HURTS! BUT...God is teaching me that He has what I need. He has my heart and He gently holds onto it, and leads me each step of the way.

Times like this, I feel like maybe I haven't been healed of my depression, BUT then God reassures me He has. I just CHOOSE to resort to old coping methods.

I am so glad that you have been touched by my posts. I know I don't write for everyone, but I always know that God has at least ONE person who He really wants to minister to through this blog. THAT is why I blog what I do! For my audience of ONE- Jesus, first and foremost...but THEN whoever He chooses to bless through them:)

So honored you are taking the journey with me:)

Hayley Kathryn said...

I too have felt these exact words recently with a dead-end relationship. It hurts!! Thank you for the great words of encouragement.
Love your posts! I came across your page- I just started a new blog that I will be writing about my new walk of faith. Looking forward to keeping up with you!

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...