January 8, 2009

Refuse to judge...

There's a song I used to listen to as a kid, and for whatever reason, I cannot stop singing it today:) So I decided to google it and get the lyrics.


He's still working on me
By Joel Hemphill




Listen to the Tune
CHORUS:

He's still working on me to make me what I ought to be.
It took Him just a week to make the moon and stars,
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars.
How loving and patient He must be, He's still working on me.

1. There really ought to be a sign upon the heart,
Don't judge her yet, there's an unfinished part.
But I'll be perfect just according to His plan
Fashioned by the Master's loving hands.

CHORUS:

2. In the mirror of His Word reflections that I see
Make me wonder why He never gave up on me.
He loves me as I am and helps me when I pray
Remember He's the Potter, I'm the clay.

CHORUS:


Well, praise God that I am not finished yet!!! But that also means one more thing...

...neither is anyone else, which means...


...I can't really judge them either...


I don't know about you, but sometimes, I get a little too big for my Christian britches. I tend to want all the grace in the world, but I'm not always willing to give it.

I want God to excuse my imperfections, but I'm not willing to excuse others'.

I want forgiveness and grace, yet I occasionally hold grudges and refuse to give grace.

I want people to quit holding my past over my head, yet how often do I remind someone else of theirs.

Do you see where I'm going with this? I am going to discuss this more, but just something to get us thinking...well, me anyway.

God has never given up on me, yet why have I given up on others?

We all have judgments towards someone else, whether it's small or big. Any time you have made a decision about someone, you have made a judgment. Is it correct? Is it right? Is it fair? Or is it your opinion? If it's a fact, is it accurate? or any of your business? We justify ourselves too often!

God wants the excuses gone, and wants us to start living a life that is giving of God's love. The world doesn't need any more pointing fingers, and mine needs to be ten less in their face.

(You will not be able to comment. To read why, click here or go to the previous post)


Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...