January 23, 2009

Getting things accomplished...

Alright...I have been sick since Monday...Ugh...ugh...ugh.

When you are not feeling the greatest, you're supposed to eat chicken noodle soup and broth, nap when you can, take it "easy", take your medicine, and simply rest. (Yes, I did mention 3 forms of sleeping/resting because it's my favorite...)

Despite not feeling well this week, I have gotten a lot accomplished, which is pretty crazy considering most of the time, I was "resting". I couldn't stay "busy" long because my body just needed to quit moving so much. So I had to invest my time this week into "still" activities. Ugh...I think that was harder than actually being sick. (I have a hard time just sitting doing "nothing", which is what all these activities were).

ENJOY THIS PICTURE SHOW OF MY "Nothing" ac
complishments.

O-kay, so Monday, I revisited a promise that God gave me after my husband and I separated 1 1/2 years ago.

1 Chronicles 17:7-14.

This is the passage that God gave me as His covenant to me and the boys...
God gave me a few things to write down as I claimed it again, wh
ich I am still trying to figure out some:
  1. My house is established.
  2. Ezekiel
  3. My kids are in God's hands.
  4. Sampson- Guard your weaknesses. Your greatest strength can also be your greatest weakness!
  5. Holy heart, pure & holy
  6. I am "clean"
  7. Sing, sing, sing to the Lord.
  8. Burnt offerings
  9. Attitude of thanksgiving
  10. filter (I'm stumped on this one)
  11. Keep your eyes open
  12. Expect miracles
On Tuesday,
I began painting my
kitchen cupboards to

replace my post-it notes:)

On Wednesday, I started sewing.
I haven't done that for
awhile...


Then I sewed new pillowcases
that I have been meaning
to make for a couple months:)


...and finally finished
a banner I have been
working on for months!


On Thursday, I picked up
a book I started to read
2 weeks ago. The funny
thing is that this book
is not about the kid's

behaviors, it's about
the parent changing the
way he/she corrects:)


So, for being sick, I actually got more done around here this week than normal. Pretty impressive for a girl who doesn't like to "sit" and be "still"...

Hopefully Monday, I will be back to my regular blogging...

10 comments:

B His Girl said...

Heaven, you give rest a whole new meaning!

Luanne said...

So impressive!!!

Kelly said...

Wow - great job!

The Rigelsky Family said...

Love the cupboards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My ADHD Me said...

Wow. Pretty productive week.
Sewing, painting, working, typing.
Impressive!

betty said...

awesome projects! I love how you write in your Bible! I do the same thing and its so invaluable to go back and see what the Lord has taught me before

hoping you feel all back to normal soon!

betty

Debbie Giese said...

HI,
I love the cupboards too. And I am going to read the Chronicles passage because I don't think I ever have. But my big question is about the book. I have always shied away from it, even though I see it everywhere (is that a clue?). Maybe you could post a review and hit the highlights. In your spare resting time that is!
Take care, glad to hear you can still get some stuff done.
Love ya!
Debbie

Edie said...

Wow! You're more productive when you're sick then I am when I'm well. LOL!

Hope you're feeling better!

Meredith said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!! I'm guessing that you needed a little slow down time. Very impressed!

DeeDee said...

Wow... that is a great week of work.
Hope you are feeling better!
Sweet Blessings,
DeeDee

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...