April 16, 2009

Perfect?

I am going to post a music video today. If you have ANY perfectionism in you what-so-ever, I encourage you to listen to it. I actually decided to do it for one of my bloggy friends.

So, Ms. Bloggy friend, (who will definitely know who she is), this is for you. I pray for the day that you are able to post on this subject and truly get healing in this area.

I was listening to Joyce Meyer today talk about perfectionism and rejection. (Isn't it funny how God brings a subject through many different venues until you listen???) She quoted the definition from Webster's of "perfect", and then compared that to God's definition of "perfect".

God simply asks for a perfect heart after Him. It doesn't mean to be flawless in everything we do. What it means is that you actually care if you sin and fall short of God's glory? You long to be the woman or man after God's own heart. You desire to do the right thing even if you don't always do it. God looks at the heart...

Natalie Grant- Perfect People
(lyrics are in video)



3 comments:

My ADHD Me said...

I just have to comment about your previous post. It takes courage to write things from your heart. And then to disable the comment section, well it seemed even more special. Thank you for sharing.

Kelly said...

I love Natalie Grant. :-) Although I think the lyrics are supposed to say "never let THEM" or "never let 'em" (not him). Not that I'm a perfectionist or anything. *grin*

Karen Hossink said...

Every day God is leading me away from my drive for perfection - in me. It has been a struggle. Sometimes it still feels like I'm losing. But I trust in Him. He is perfect, and that's all that matters.

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...