April 18, 2009

"Stop it" and Trust God


In the midst of the swirling, cloying fog of fear,

Jesus commands, "Stop it!"

Stop letting your imagination run wild.

Stop analyzing every little detail over and over again.

Stop
flogging yourself with the "if
only's" and "what if's."




How in the world is it possible to o
bey a command that involves so much of our emotional feelings? Our obedience begins with a choice to stop being afraid, followed by a decision to start trusting God.

(Quoted from Anne Graham Lotz)
"My Heart's Cry"


Things work out when you trust in God
.

Proverbs 16:20 THE MESSAGE

1 comment:

morrow said...

Love this - such a good one for me right now.

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...