March 23, 2009

Pictures




1. A picture I drew for myself during a hard time.
2. A picture for Paulette, my bloggy friend.
3. A picture for my son, Dylan


God has been birthing in me a creative ministry to spread His encouragement, love, and words to others through simple artwork. I have been drawing for myself and for others I know, but about a month ago, I offered drawings to 3 bloggy friends.

As I prayerfully draw, I get words, phrases, pictures, and verses for people which I write down and later share with the person I am drawing for. It's fairly comfortable when I know someone because I can look at their life and say, "Oh yes God, I can totally see that in their life."

...when it's practically a stranger I am drawing for and God gives me words, phrases, and verses, it can be a little uncomfortable because I totally have to trust God with everything I write and draw. Every stroke of my pencils and every word impressed on my heart is crucial and I pray, "Lord, what do YOU want me to tell this person? What do they need to hear from YOU? What area of their life do YOU want to speak into?"

I've gotten to the point that I just write what I "hear" from God, and pray that it will mean something to the recipient of the drawing. Some of the things seem "off the wall" to me, but I find more and more how God speaks to each of us in the way that makes sense to us. AND in ways, that we know that we know that we know that God is speaking to us:)

My bloggy friend, Paulette, recently received her drawing in the mail, and she writes about what this drawing meant to her. Click here to read her story.

I love being blown away by God, and I am amazed at His power and glory and love for people everytime I draw. This is one ministry that God gets all the credit because I am naturally creative but NOT artistic:)

On a lighter side, I visited with family this weekend and here are a few pictures:

My cousins, Tammy and Tonjia and I


Tammy and I



Tammy and I
(check out the gum in my mouth)


My Aunt, Dolly, from Colorado


Kayla and my cousin, Trina

2 comments:

Karen Hossink said...

"...it can be a little uncomfortable because I totally have to trust God..."
Yes. When we can't see - when we have to trust Him fully - it can be uncomfortable. But He is always faithful, and that is so much better than our comfort. Amen?
And, here you go. *kick* That's a kick in the pants to get back to writing your psalm. It will be a good thing, indeed.
Love you!
Karen

Kelly said...

I'm so glad you had a great visit. I'm heading to the blog you linked to, to check it out next. :-)

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...