January 1, 2019

New Year

2019...

A new year.
A new beginning.
A year full of new mercies.
A fresh start.

I don't do New Year's resolutions. I don't follow them past 2 weeks, so I decided not to do them anymore.

I used to do words. A word for the year. I honestly don't remember what my word for last year was. In fact, I don't even know if I picked a word for this past year. If I had to choose a word, based on how the year actually turned out, I would have to say my word was growth.

I grew in confidence. I grew in my relationship with God. I grew in my job. I grew in the area of trusting God. I grew in the area of expectations. I simply grew... except my body shrunk by 30 pounds this past year. That is a good thing.

I've been thinking about a word for 2019, A word that has been spoken over me lately is success. I will be successful this year. Now, success is more than just money or a job. Success can be many different things. I don't know what that looks like for the coming year, but I claim I will be successful.

Successful in taking thoughts and fears captive to the obedience of Christ. Successful in walking forward in my life. Successful at making good choices for my life. I'd like to think I will also be successful in my career.

I just got a new job. Like literally. I am on my first night of my new position. I started 5 hours ago. What a way to bring in the New Year! Once I got off nights over a year ago, I told myself I would never go to third shift again. In the past couple months, I have been thinking of going back to overnights. I think God prepared me for the idea of this new job in advance.

Back to the new job. It is the highest I have ever been paid! It's the beginning of success in my career.

I've been thinking about going back to school. I think this year will be the year. I want to get my LPN and eventually be a hospice nurse. I don't know for sure if this is what I want to do. It's just been a thought in my head for the past two years. Another God preparation maybe?

I don't even know if anyone reads blogs anymore. I used to be connected to all these blogs and had "bloggy" friends. I don't even know who I follow anymore. Now that I'm working overnights again, maybe I'll start reading those blogs again.

And maybe next time, I won't be so winded.

Happy New Year to you!

Always, Heaven

2 comments:

Karen Hossink said...

Hey! Congrautlations on the shrinkage!!!
And the new job, too. :)

It's so fun to "hear" your voice again on your blog. Honestly, I don't really read blogs much anymore, either. But if you're writing, I'll be here.

Much love,
Karen

Heaven said...

Yeah!

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...