January 11, 2019

God's eyes

I have noticed as I drive at night that my vision isn't as it used to be. I have a hard time seeing signs and things are more blurry than normal. It has been this way for awhile now. I even went to the eye doctor and he said my eyes are fine. So I have been praying.

Praying that God heals my night vision. Praying for God's eyes. Praying for the vision of Jesus Christ. 

Many months ago, I started making daily declarations over my life. I have a daily "mantra" I say over myself. It goes something like this:

"I am equipped and qualified for this day. I am blessed and highly favored everywhere I go. I have the joy of the Lord as my strength. Great things are happening. I live in joyful expectation. No weapon formed against the boys and I will prosper in Jesus name. Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. I hear God's voice."

I add things depending on what my day holds. I have begun to see God's favor in my life everywhere I go. I still don't have joy, but I wait in expectation for that day. I do know that sometimes we have to speak to ourselves and encourage ourselves.

There is power in the tongue. Both blessings and curses come from how we speak to ourselves, so although I still need work, I strive to speak God's goodness into my life.

On the way to work tonight, I was praying for God's eyes because the road was hard to see, Although I'm praying for the manifestation of better physical vision, I realized God is not limited to heal only my physical vision. By praying for God's eyes, I'm giving Him permission to heal my spiritual eyes as well.

Oh, how I long to see things as God sees things! I long to have His vision. I long to see people and the world through His eyes.

As I speak these declarations and prayers into my life, I expect that He will answer them. It may not be today, or tomorrow, but I know the day will come when my night vision will be better. And it may not be today, or tomorrow, but I know my spiritual vision will also be better!

No comments:

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...