April 22, 2010

I'll be a fool for You!!!

I'll look like a fool if You want me to...

I'll believe for something that You ask me to...

...even if it never comes to pass...

-------------------------------------------

Those words have echoed through many
conversations I have had with God throughout
my relationship with Him.

Obedience requires trust...
trusting in the One who has asked you to obey.
There's a children's song with the lyrics...
"trust and obey, for there's no other way,
to be happy in Jesus than to trust and obey..."
As that song rings through my heart, I smile.
Simple, yet direct instructions...

TRUST....OBEY....

In order to be able to trust someone,
you have to have faith in a person,
which you gain by having a relationship with them.
Relationship requires sacrifice, on many levels.
I trust God. I may not always agree with the way
He (appears to be) is doing things,
but I trust that He is in control of my life...
because I've placed my life in His hands.

Through everything He's asked me to do,
my trust in Him has increased.
I've seen Him move in ways that are not my own
and perform miracles in my life that
I would have never comprehended.
This has caused me to trust.


Proverbs 3:5-6 says to

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

I can do this because I've seen Him
make things in my life line up
with His Will and plan for my life.

Isaiah 55:9 says:
"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."


So is it possible that in the eyes of man
I could "look like a fool" for believing
in something that may never come to pass?

Yep...

Have I regretted it this far?

Nope.

I live to please God,
Not man.

God holds my eternity,
Not man.

God holds my worth,
Not man.

Man says, "Told ya so!"

God says,
"Well-done my good & faithful servant!"

Let God's voice reign louder today in your heart
than man's voice. You don't have to
live in fear of what mere men have to say...

Men may see a fool...
But God sees a victorious warrior!!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

It just blows my mind how perfect God's timing is. This post directly ties to the thoughts I had this morning.

Recently I've been struggling with the idea of completely turning my life over to God and living a new life. I want to explore, get in to trouble, live life on edge, but at the same time, I want to make choices that God would approve of. I often weight the choices to see which would work better. I think about how I could stick with these ways for a little longer then change my ways and stick with God, or I can go to God now and possibly regret not having enough "fun/wild/crazy" moments growing up. It all comes down to trust though. Like you said, obedience requires trust. I need to trust that His ways are not only better for me, but they also can be fun/crazy/ wild.

Definitely something that I need to look at and decide.

Thanks for the encouraging words!!!!

Herself said...

"I can do this because I've seen Him
make things in my life line up
with His Will and plan for my life."

Ans so it is.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

beautiful, beautiful post...except now that song is stuck in my head ;)

I sometimes struggle to trust Him, particularly because I always have to know what's around the next corner even though I realise it's impossible most of the time.

Anonymous said...

It takes such courage to take a stand when the "evidence" is not seen. I admire that in you so much. Keep hanging in there.

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...