April 1, 2010

STOP thinking that!!!

"Be still, and know that I am God"
Psalm 46:10a

We demolish arguments and every pretension that
sets itself up against the knowledge of God,
and we take captive every thought
to make it obedient to Christ.
2 Corinthians 10:5


I had a great day.
Didn't need to take a nap.
Wasn't discouraged or depressed.
Did a little shopping.
Cleaned a little.
I sewed & mended.
Basked in the sun rays.
Sang loud in the car.
I had a great day.


...THEN the thoughts came.

They flooded my mind...

d.o.u.b.t.
f.e.a.r.
u.n.b.e.l.i.e.f.
w.h.a.t.i.f.
w.h.a.t.a.b.o.u.t.
w.h.e.n.
h.o.w.

My mind got LOUD...

My ex-companions had arrived...

thoughts spinning...

Ugh...discouragement came!

STOP! STOP! STOP!

discouragement left...
doubt left...
unbelief left...
fear left...
the what if's left...
the how's left...
the when, where, & why's left too...



BUT not on their own...
I had to tell them to leave...
I had to choose not to think on those things...
I had to surrender my thoughts to Jesus...
& PURPOSELY "let them go!"


It wasn't easy.
BUT I had to.
My peace returned.
My joy returned.


Of course, they tried coming back throughout the day, and finally, I told God, "Seriously? I can't deal with these thoughts today! I have no control over this situation! I can't change anything this moment! I've done what I can. YOU have to take care of this! I CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS!!!"

Ah...ha!!!

It was like God handed me another key and said, "You're getting it, child...You're getting it!"

The rest of my day went well because I focused on what I did have control over and let God take care of what I did NOT.


~Oh Daddy God, help us to stop thinking of those things that bring us down! Quicken our minds IMMEDIATELY when we allow negative thoughts to linger, and remind us that we need to call upon YOU to help us. Even, us, your precious Beloved can be a little "slow" to "get it", but we want to be quicker to STOP STOP STOP our minds when they start to wander aimlessly. Help us to think on those things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, or praiseworthy as Your Word tells us in Philippians 4:8.

We thank You that You are God and we CHOOSE to trust You to take care of the things today that we simply can NOT! Thank You for loving us and being patient with us as we grow! Help us to r.e.s.t. in Your perfect p.e.a.c.e.!!! In Jesus' Name, Amen & Amen!







5 comments:

Rebekah said...

i like the new layout- :0)

Mrs. Valente said...

I read a comment you wrote on another blog and felt led to pray for your marriage. Just wanted you to know. God bless you!

Tea with Tiffany said...

You are on the right track, turning to Jesus in your time of need. Keep fighting for freedom from the haunting thoughts. I know the battle. I'm finding more and more freedom. It's amazing!

Laura said...

This is all so true! Loved the post. This is something I really have to work on!!!

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I love how you wrote this...

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...