April 13, 2010

Be Strong

Have I not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous.
Do not be terrified;
do not be discouraged,
for the LORD your God
will be with you wherever you go.

Joshua 1:9

------------------------------------------

What is coming your way?

New territory?
New relationships?
New callings on your life?
New directions?
New passion?

-------------------------------------------

What do you have to leave behind?


Old territory?
Old relationships?
Old callings on your life?
Old road maps?
Old and stale passion?
-------------------------------------------

It's hard.
It's disappointing.
It's discouraging.

It's scary
to leave behind the familiar...
the comfortable things...
the things we "know"...

BUT

What God gives in return is...
AMAZING!
REWARDING!
PURPOSEFUL!
FULFILLING!

SO

Don't be discouraged.
Don't be afraid.
Be strong & courageous!
Do NOT be terrified.
Don't be sad.

God KNOWS what He's doing
better than You ever will?

Will You trust Him today
with the changes He wants
to bring into your life?

It is your choice...
so what will you choose???

6 comments:

Herself said...

Found you over at the BlogFrog where you left a comment on one of my forum posts. I'm SO glad you commented! Today's post here at your beautiful blog is for me! Thank you!
PS: following!

K said...

This has really got me thinking. I've never been one that's comfortable to let things go. But I'm thinking...it's time. New to your blog btw & following!

Khaddafina (aka "K")

Rebekah said...

In that place of new territory...new challenge...
thanks for this post.

:0)

MTJ said...

Hello Heaven,

Very thought-provoking post! Getting out of one's comfort zone is always difficult. I believe the comfort zone represents my sense of personal security and God would never want me secure in myself.

My Thought-filled Journey

Laura said...

Exactly what I needed to hear this morning! As you know, I'm definitely in that place...the place of completely trusting him, remembering that He knows what is best for me.

I'm praying for you & thanking God for you. You are so inspiring and such a blessing!!!!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I found your blog through Rebekah's. This post is beautful..and much needed. Thanks

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...