February 1, 2010

Practice speaking positive!

Do you ever face Depression?
Do you find your self overwhelmed
with condemnation
, shame & failure?



Do you find yourself hearing "broken records"
in your head over & over & over telling you
that you are worthless, a failure, &
will never amount to anything
.



Do you find your self filled with Self-condemnation?
Does your vocabulary includ
e alot of
"would've...should'
ve...could've"?



Does your future look bleak as you
question your purpose?



Psalm 40:2 says, "He [God] lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and the mire; He set my feet on a rock, & gave me a firm place to stand."


In fact, Psalms is full of David's cries to God, making me speculate that He, too, dealt with similar feelings of despair, depression and gloom!



I'm gonna' let you in on a little secret!
I struggle with these SAME things DAILY!!!
I wake up in the morning & before my feet
hit the floor, I am complaining in my head!!!

I instantly hear my own broken records:
"You're a loser! Why even get o
ut of bed?"
"Hmmm...what are you going to screw up today?"
"Woop-de-doo...another day! Bah...."



Surprised? I seem so positive all the time, right???
It seems as if my life is "grandiose" &
now that I'm free of depression,
I never struggle!!! AGAIN- I say...

"NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

My last post was about me! Depression, anxiety, worry, gloom, condemnation, shame and failure are constantly at MY door wantin
g to come in!!! I had a commenter saying, "Yes, I can relate, now what does that mean? How do I not let all of those negative things in?"



THAT, my friend, is what I CAN tell you!!! THAT, is wh
at I have been practicing for MONTHS! THAT, is what has brought me my positive attitude!

Let me share: As I said before, EVERYday I struggle with those negative thoughts. BUT I refuse to dwell on them. I REFUSE, most of th
e time, to EVEN speak them! I REFUSE to let them dictate WHO I AM!!! I REFUSE to let them TELL me how my day is going to be!!!

Now granted, I have moments & days that I can't just "snap
" out of it, but I REFUSE to stay there. If you are not "o-kay", THAT is o-kay! Just don't stay there!

Ok, practical applications:

(WARNING: I haven't found a way to stay positive for long without the Word of God. If you are looking for a magic answer, outside of God, what I have to say will probably disappoint you!)

When those thoughts come into my mind, I have the CHOICE to accept them as truth, or to believe in the Words of the Bible which God has told me as TRUTH.


If I am I going to think/speak negative, then more than likely, I will have a negative attitude, a negative outlook, a negative personality, and probably a really bad day!

If I am going to think/speak positive, then I will feel better, will smile more, will have a better perspective, and have a p
retty decent day!

In counseling or psychology, that would be positive thinking.

Then, you look in the mirror, and tell yourself all
these wonderful things about yourself, that you don't really believe, but have been told to do because it makes a difference.

In counseling, this would be called "Self Affirmations".

Now remember, I've had over 20 years of counseling, and I
NEVER truly got free until I chose using the WORD of God, the Bible, as my truth!


For me, I wake up, am bombarded with negative, and within moments, I tell satan (the author of those negative thoughts) to go to hell, in the name of Jesus, where he belongs! Now, that I've decided the negative thoughts are LIES, I now have to tell myself TRUTH. For me, that's using Bible scripture, because that is my TRUTH- God's Truth!

Then I speak these things to myself!

"I am a Child of God, and am accepted!"
"I WILL make a difference today because GOD chose me!"
"There is NO condemnation in Christ Jesus!"
"I am forgiven."
"I am a daughter of the King!"
(that makes me a Princess, btw:D)
"I may be weak, but GOD IS strong in me!"
"I believe what the Lord has said WILL be accomplished!"
"BOTH of my sons WILL serve the Lord!"

This is some of the verses that God gave me, to declare over the things in my life. If you open a Bible, and ask God to give you a verse to speak out loud, He WILL! There are concordances where you can look up a topic (worry, anxiety, fear, depression, etc.) and it will give you a list of scriptures that you can recite.

God calls the Bible the "sword of the Spirit" because when spoken & utilized in the above manner, it slices and dices al
l of those negative thoughts!!!


There are days, when I have to speak out the same scripture over & over & over because a particular thought keeps ringing the doorbell to my mind. Eventually, it leaves... Just like condemnation, guilt & failure did in my last blog post.

*Write scripture down & speak it outloud.
*Decide NOT to let negative th
oughts roam freely.
*Find someone to pray for you.
*Practice, practice, practice speaking positively.

If you would like help finding what God has to say about a particular subject you are dealing with, please e-mail me: heavsparks@yahoo.com

Soon, you will start feeling HOPE again!





7 comments:

Tracy said...

right on!

Pat Thacker said...

"Wonderful Helpful information",I'm so happy for you Heaven and the way God is teaching you to live life more abundantly moment by moment.A few of your suggestions I also use daily,The word of God is very powerful!!!!
Love ya :)

The Rigelsky Family said...

thank you.

Leaon Mary said...

wooHoOooo
what a POST!
GOODBYE FAILURES.
SO LONG CONDEMNATION...
GET LOST GUILT AND FRUSTRATION,
AND ADIOS COMPLAINING...
JESUS IS ON THE THRONE AND RULES OUR HEARTS.
IN HIM we have the vicTORY!!!!
GOD BLESS YOU HEAVEN!
KEEP SPEAKING THE TRUTH!!!
HE'S THE WAY!
Holykisses xoxo
Lea

Pinkshoelady said...

Wow! Preach it!

I too struggle a lot from the "Ugly Pam" thoughts. But recently I was reminded by my 10 year old daughter that I am a temple of God. What I say about myself I am saying about Jesus because He and I are one!

Your post is truth!

Hey want to have a little fun? Come visit my blog this week and get in on my Visual mystery contest. Come see if you can identify my mystery.

Great post!
Pamela

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed looking over your blog
Great photos
God bless you

Doorless said...

Awesome post! You are loved and God loves beyond understanding and fully.
entertainingangelsunaware.blogspot.com

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...