January 31, 2010

Unwelcomed Visitors...

I find myself staring at my computer screen unable to sleep tonight.

Condemnation is knocking at the front door...

Guilt is pounding at the back door...

Failure is tapping at my window...

"Let me in!" I hear over and over again...

I make my way to the front door, ready to open the door for this well-known visitor, when my heart is pierced with a revelation so profound that it may just change the way I open the door forever.

I hear a soft voice... A voice that bids me permission to leave these rude and obnoxious intruders outside where they belong...


"You don't have to open the door."


I whisper and softly explain that these visitors are my friends. Although I spend weeks cleaning up the chaotic mess they leave behind, they are familiar...and constant...and I always let them in...

"Maybe it's time for new friends...My name is Grace..."

The voice is appealing...much more pleasant than those screaming outside who just want to tear me and my house apart...

The more I speak with Grace, the less I hear the pounding of those outside, who long to wreak havoc in my life...

Grace introduces me to her friends; Love, Forgiveness, & Peace...

...Before long, the noise outside disappears...as my old friends (Condemnation, Guilt, and Failure) get tired of waiting for me to open the door...and finally leave.

---------------------------------------------------
When Condemnation, Guilt, and Failure come knocking at your door, you don't have to let them in! If Satan can get you discouraged, he can immobilize you. He knows your worth and He know WHO has made you worthy! He is afraid of you and the gifting God has placed inside of you.

Seek God and ask Him to show you who you are in HIS eyes! Look up scriptures on "Who I am in Christ". Listen to worship music and offer a sacrifice of praise for your spirit of heaviness! Put on the armor of God as described in Ephesians 6 and draw near to God. Pray more than you've ever prayed before! Guilt, condemnation, and failure canNOT stick around if you are submerged in the presence of God!

Insanity=
"doing what you've always done...
& expecting different results."


Make the choice TODAY to quit keeping the company of Condemnation, Guilt, and Failure. Instead, surround yourself with Grace, love, Forgiveness, and Peace...

3 comments:

TheSeekingOne43 said...

Well, there is certainly plenty here to absorb. I don't have the first clue as to how to apply it though. Well, maybe the FIRST clue, but that's not much to go on.

I love your writing style; it is much like my own. I've been encouraged by many to write, but I don't have the time. Maybe one day I'll learn how to do what you're doing here.

Thanks for sharing Heaven. I've been wanting to check out your "journey". This is the first time I've TAKEN time. Have a blessed day woman!

Pat Thacker said...

Amen,amen!!! We must continue to let Grace,Mercy and Love in to keep the garbage out "Hallelujah" !!!!

Trees said...

Hi Heaven I have not been by or some time, nor posted in my blog, but glad I visited today, I loved the comments you made. It certainly has made me realize, only we can open the door to the ones we really dont wish to hear and have the choice to let grace, hope and mercy and peace into our homes. Thank you for a wonderful posting.

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...