January 24, 2010

Pizza & WHINING!!!

For those of you who haven't been following my journey, God has been telling me for quite awhile that I need to get healthy.


That means not just looking at exercise videos,
but ACTUALLY doing them!



That also means that I can't keep eating
the same w
ay and expect to lose weight.I tend to be a "whiner"...
(and a big "whiner" at that!).


Let's not confuse that word with "WIN-NER",



but "WHINE-ER".


When God asks me to do something...
I...um...er...i tend to whine...and complain...and moan and groan...


What is that, you say? That was too small for you to read? Oh...well, I will try that again...
I WHINE...
I COMPLAIN...
I MOAN & GR
OAN...

...because I don't always want to do what
God asks me to do at first!

I know you may have never guessed that about me, but...yesiree, that would be me!

So..."get healthy" was the message for 2010! (Also, "Obedience" was the theme for my year! Hmmm...they totally go hand-in-hand. G
o figure!)

Yes...pizza! Oh, how I LOVED PIZZA!!! Before
my journey began on January 1st, pizza was my all-time favorite food. I could have pizza every day of the week, and never tire of it! BUT...I decided to stick to my proteins, low carbs, tantalizing salads, and good fruits. After all--- I was going to lose weight and get healthy.

Twenty-three days went by, and my taste buds were d
eprived of pizza...and I was o-kay with that. Until...I started looking at the ads and pizza coupons last night when I was toooooooooo tired to cook. The thought flickered across my mind and I let it linger until I picked up the phone, dialed the familiar telephone number, and ordered our favorite pizza for delivery.

"Hello, I would like to order 2 medium (thigh increasing) pizzas with extra (belly-roll fat) cheese, and an order of your delicious (hip & buns super expanders) breadsticks with extra (energy draining) sauce please....yes, for delivery (so I don't have to move off of the very comfy couch)...30 minutes? (totally enough time to think about the mouth watering pizza)....ok, thanks."


Right on time, the pizza arrived. I indulged bite after bite...after bite, until I-could-not-move! Oh, what had I done??? Not only would I have to endure through the agony of greasy pizza devouring my "once-again-grease-virgin-stomach". I would ALSO have to suffer through 10x through the already disliked "HipHopAbs" video I barely breathed through earlier in the day!!!

Instantly, I KNEW my stomach was NOT very fond of pizza anymore. I had spent 23 days training my body to love salads, fruit, veggies, and good meat, and suddenly, I wanted to vomit! Ugh...how could I NOT respond happily to my favorite food? (Um...er...now my ex-favorite food).

After my tummy settled a bit, I grew pleasantly surprised as God brought this verse to my mind:
"Everything is permissible-
but not everything is beneficial.
Everything is permissible-
but not everything is constructive.
1 Corinthians 10:23

God had changed in me what I NEVER thought was possible!!! My "want to's"...

My "longing" for those things that weren't nece
ssarily beneficial for me. Suddenly, I craved a healthy salad & a visit with my walking video...


What things are you "playing" with that are permissible (or not permissible), but are definitely NOT beneficial for you?

Do you desire a change? Do you want God to change your "want to's" and "taste buds" for those things that are not beneficial for you?

He can...AND He will...Just ask...& keep asking...because eventually...HE WILL!

6 comments:

The Rigelsky Family said...

I love you. You make me laugh.

debbie g said...

That happened to me with chocolate, and some unmentionable stuff along time ago. Unfortunately, at the first taste of something I thought I really wanted but it didn't satisfy the way I thought it would, I kept at it til it became palatable. I quit the one thing, but chocolate is harder, go figure. The less innocuous it looks, the more we are likely to indulge. BTW, I love the look of this blog. Cute little cartoons and stuff, and fancy font. I love the detail you add. Good Luck and GodSpeed on your quest for health. I'm right there with you.

LisaShaw said...

You are precious!!!

Praying for and with you dear sister. Love you.

Pat Thacker said...

Hi Heaven
Thank God for his power to change our desires!!!! We are on our way! And God will take us there to a healthy lifestyle forever and smaller bodies too,I am so excited for you!!! :)

Karen Hossink said...

Let me say it again, Heaven. I am soooo proud of you for listening and obeying!
May God continue to bless you as you get healthy.
Love you!

Ronel said...

SOOOOO TRUE!!! Awesome post and I am excited to see your journey and progress this year!! Keep going!!

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...