February 18, 2010

Love song...

I have totally fallen in love with the song "The More I Seek You" by Kari Jobe. As the music begins, I instantly am whisked into my secret place with my Savior. Everything about that song lulls me into the arms of Jesus and I find myself having a private dance with the Lover of my soul. Overwhelming peace surrounds me as I sneak away with my Beloved.

Let me assure you that I am not able to drive while listening to that song! It succumbs my soul to jello. I become a marshmallow as the words and music grip my heart with passion. An intense hunger rises up within me and I long to be in His loving embrace and presence...

If God and I had a love song, this would be it!

The kind of love song that, as soon as you recognized the familiar melody, you would stop what you are doing just to meet the gaze of your Beloved. In that moment, as your eyes locked, your hearts would meet in that special place that only the two of you share...leaving you both feeling more love toward one another. (a warm & fuzzy moment!)

Lately, my survival and strength depend on drifting there often with Jesus...

I pull up #86 on my MP3 player, put the song on repeat, and crank up the volume...engaging my heart in that place where I know my heart is safe and comforted...in His arms...in His embrace...listening to His heartbeat for my life...resting all of my cares upon his shoulders...and I can cry...I can dance...I can be vulnerable...because I know He loves me...

I fell asleep last night, curled up with my five pillows, my teddy bear, my blankets pulled up over my head, and #86 on my MP3 player. As the tears fell, my heart was renewed... comforted... & "loved on"...by Jesus~ The Lover of my Soul

Thank You Jesus...




2 comments:

Karen Hossink said...

Ah, yes! I believe I could lay in my bed and fall asleep to that song playing over and over again!
I love that HE knows how to woo us and love us and fill us up!

Natalie at Mommy on Fire said...

This is one of my very favorite songs of all time and I have to just stop when I hear it, too. The words are on my heart always.

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...