February 20, 2010

Rejoice!!!!!

Pain hurts... Whether it's physical, emotional, or spiritual battles we have to face.

We aren't called to deny our pain. God doesn't expect us to be "emotionally-put-together-wanna'-be's." He doesn't want us to put on our "happy-go-blessed" costumes as we go on our daily visits to the masquerade ball of life. He doesn't expect us to be the "strong Christian" that the religious spirit of the "church" has so often silently demanded.

So...if we aren't supposed to "pretend" to be o-kay, then WHAT are we supposed to do???


The first part of Romans 5:3 says: Not only so, but we]">[b] also rejoice in our sufferings....

Romans 12:12 says: Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

You may be thinking, "You're kidding me, right???"

How in the world does a person rejoice or be joyful or patient when it feels like someone has shredded their heart into a million pieces??? How do you rejoice when your circumstances are screeeaaaaammmmmming ...........PaIn...pAiN....PaIn..........How do you say, "Yes...please bring more suffering so I can rejoice alllllllllllll the more!"

I'll tell you how....

IF you go to God with your pain...and IF you lay your burdens at the foot of the cross...and IF you cry out to God through the pain.....

THEN....He wraps HIS peace around your heart! He takes your brokenness and gives you beauty for your ashes! He takes your burden and rains down upon you comfort and love and HOPE...


It's NOT the pain that makes us joyful...but rather the hope that we find in the midst of our storm. The peace that surpasses all human understanding dwells in and around us. It's the joy of watching God transform your pain into peace. It's the pain that draws us to our knees which brings us closer to God. It's the KNOWING you get of realizing that God cares specifically for YOU individually.

So, let me get this straight....

1. I get pain
2. I go to God with it
3. I get a one-on-one meeting crying session with God.
4. He gives me peace
5. I can find joy in that?

YEP!!!

I have to be honest. My heart is absolutely breaking right now!!! I didn't receive the reaction I expected from the man I WILL be married to again. I got rejected and "shot down"...and that breaks my heart. There is so much pain in that....BUT EVERYtime I run to God, I leave my "prayer corner" feeling comforted, more peaceful, and re-assured of the promise God gave me of reconciliation to this man.

Circumstances do NOT define God's promises!!! EVER!!! Unless we let them! See, the best thing is that the enemy (satan) keeps throwing wrenches of circumstances into this situation...BUT EVERYtime something happens, it simply causes me to run to God more...Hello?????

Pain=getting closer to Jesus=more prayer=more defeat of enemy!!!

Hmmm...looks like God always wins when we deal with life's pain this way!!!

I KNOW what God has told me!!!! Therefore, I WILL BELIEVE it despite what circumstances say!!! AND THEN it WILL be accomplished!!!

"Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:54

Sooooooo...with all that being said,

I will..."also rejoice in [my] sufferings.... because [I] know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance (produces) character; and character(produces) hope. Romans 5:3-4

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Thanks, needed to hear this.

Pat Thacker said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! And how true as long as we believe and trust in God he will give us all he has promised us!!! Heaven please come by and pick up your "Star Award" I'm giving in out of love and I hope you except it and pass it on to 3 Bloggers you want to have one.pttyann-pttyann.blogspot.com

gianna said...

Hi,
apparently, in a couple of weeks, you and I might get to meet. You seem like an incredible woman, a beautiful woman, and a broken woman. I look forward to seeing what will happen in a couple of weeks.

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...