May 19, 2009

Smiling

Today I smiled...

and I caught myself smiling...

AND I told God I smiled...

and He said, "Expect more of that."

It was a rather silly moment actually...

and if anyone else would have been in the car...

they would have totally thought I "lost" it.

I was out and about when a car passed me showing the words, "Just Married" from the back of their car window. AND I SMILED...

I thought "Oh, good for them:)"

And it was a happy & sincere "good for them"...

I realized it was happy and sincere, and I just HAD to tell God what just happened! I smiled because someone just got married.

That's totally NOT me. When I hear of people getting married, my heart breaks for them. I think "Oh, they really need to NOT get married", or "Those poor kids." Something on that order anyway. I make up excuses not to go to weddings because I'm just not very positive when it comes to being married. It hurts too much.

On Sunday, I surrendered to God my broken heart and "woundedness"...

On Tuesday, I'm smiling and truly happy for complete strangers who are proudly bearing the fact that they just got married.

If you knew me in real life, you WOULD KNOW that THAT, my friend, IS true healing from GOD!!!

2 comments:

Karen Hossink said...

I LOVE those moments when there is something going on between God and me - when the rest of the world looking at me might think I've lost it, but I know what's real. And the thing that's real is God is present and working. Yep. Love those moments!

Leaon Mary said...

yeeeehaaaaaa!
You surrendered,
and are smiling.
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL TESTIMONY!
THE peace of God that no one understands
Has come to YOuUuUuUuUuUU!
SMOOCHY HOLYKISSES
KEEP GRINNIN
Love Lea

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...