May 17, 2009

re-"Birth"-day

Thirty-four years ago to date, a mother and father gave birth to a healthy baby girl at a small town hospital in Minnesota. They named her Heaven...

Ten hours ago this day, that grown woman was so touched by God that she will never be the same again. Birthed in her was another chapter of surrender...



She gave God her broken dreams...

And declared that she was done looking back...

He birthed in her new dreams for her life...


---------------------------------------------

In John 5, there was a man who had been paralyzed. When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, He asked the man ONE question:

"Do you want to get well?" (NIV)

The man made an excuse...

Then Jesus said to him, "Get up! Pick up your mat and walk."

AT ONCE, the man was cured; he picked up his mat and walked.

----------------------------------------------

God has been asking me the past two days,

"Heaven, do you want to be healed?"

...meaning...

"Do you REALLY want to be healed?"

"Do you REALLY want to move on?"

"Are you REALLY ready to lay down your brokenness, so I can make it better?"

"Are you REALLY ready to let it go?"

"Are you READY to forgive?"

"Are you REALLY ready???"

..."Then surrender your broken dreams to me. Surrender your life fully to me. Surrender your past to me. Surrender your present to me. Surrender your future to me. Surrender ALL those things that keep you stuck."

"SURRENDER..."

So, at midnight, I had my 34th birthday...

But at 10:30 this morning, I had a re-"birth"-day. I made my way to the front of our church, oblivious of the hundreds of worshipers, and stood at the foot of the cross...arms wide open... tears flooding down my face...and surrendered once again while the worship team sang this song.






I'm giving you my heart, and all that is within

I lay it all down for the sake of you my King
I'm giving you my dreams,
I'm laying down my rights

I'm giving up my pride
for the promise of new life


And I surrender all to you, all to you
And I surrender all to you, all to you

I'm singing You this song,
I'm waiting at the cross

And all the world holds dear,
I count it all as loss

For the sake of knowing You
for the glory of Your name

To know the lasting joy,
even sharing in Your pain

© 2005 Integrity Music


5 comments:

B His Girl said...

Wow Heaven. I am going to send you a photo of my mat. Thank you Lord for all the things you have planned for Heaven on earth. B

Tricia said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Tracy said...

Happy re-birthday!
All my ambitions, hopes and plans I surrender these into your hands!

Kelly said...

I love this song!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY and re-birthday day! Yay! Born again! God is so amazing! YAY!

Karen Hossink said...

This is beautiful. Yay you. Yay God!
Happy re-birthday, my dear, dear friend!

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...