May 1, 2009

God speaks

I had an awesome moment. After I posted yesterday on "Rebuilding", I opened up my e-mail to find the daily devotional from Nancy Leigh DeMoss. The title of it was "Letting God Rebuild". The devotion I shared yesterday from Beth Moore was actually the daily word from March 13th, so it wasn't even chronologically correct.

God obviously thought so!

I love how God speaks! It just confirms I AM doing what God is asking me to do by not doing what I want to do. Does that make sense???

My heart and flesh long for something, but God's spirit, inside of me whispers, "no...still no."

God IS rebuilding ancient ruins from my past, yet the new foundation cannot be located in the same spot. A spiritual relocation was required for this journey I have been on. The view and occupants are different; however, the builder is the same, and I choose to trust in His blueprint for my life.

Stepping into things of God requires trust, faith, hope, and courage. Also, in my journey, I have found a deeper need to "cling" onto God, cling onto the promises He's given me, cling onto a peace only He can provide. There are times when I cannot even begin to process the pain I experience because of not understanding His ways, yet I still know that He IS IN CONTROL, and He loves me more than I can ever fathom. I have to cling to God...

If you, too, are in a place of rebuilding, take heart! Hang in there, because what He will give you in return for those things he is asking you to lay down, are so much better than you can ever imagine. He is holding the "real thing" in His hands, and waiting for you to let go of that which is counterfeit!

In this place of rebuilding, I believe God is saying, "I have you in my grip. Do not be afraid. I will not let you fall. I will keep you close to my heart, and I have your best interest in heart. You will be astonished at those things I am bringing into your life, but you have to lay down those things I am asking you to. Let me bring you restoration and healing that no one can ever take away again!"

Pressing forward...
Heaven

4 comments:

morrow said...

Great Post! So true.

B His Girl said...

Keep pressing forward Heaven. There are new places ahead. Don't get stuck looking in the rearview mirror. I am so proud of you. God is speaking to you. How awesome is that!!!! Go girl! He has immeasureably more than you can ask or imagine...waiting on the path for YOU! B

Amy said...

Awesome post. I feel I am in a similar place as you right now, having to give things up , and i'm trying to tell myself the same thing. God will give me BETTER then the mud pies I think are so great here! :)

Rebekah said...

Thank you for your comments on my blog. I immediatly came over to your blog and was blessed by what you said in your latest post. By the way (im sure you hear this a lot) I love your name, its so precious and unique. :)

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...